My plans for next season...

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
buy the time 91 = c-16 price now.... c-16 will be $75 a gal!!

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yea I also need a rehab for horsepower. But I rather be hooked on horsepower than other things. :clap:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You are addicted. You have a problem. First step is admitting you have one. You need a support group. "Hi, I am Chevykiller and I am addicted to horsepower."

I thought 10.30's for a street car was damn good! Plus you can drive it where-ever right now. All I know is when I did something similar to my 1967 mustang years ago--I regretted it because I could only drive it at the track and very short trips on the street. That is one of the things I really like about my current mustang--10 sec time slips with a/c and a 1000 watt stereo! Can't get much better then that!

On the other hand, I am sure 91 pump gas will be as expensive as c16 is---just give it a couple more years......

Ya know, Paul I was making some calls and getting quotes for some stuff to start and I really started thinking about that. 'Street legal' and 'street driven' are two different things. I called and talked to adam about it too and decided I'm just going to keep my car as-is for now and tweak on it a little to do what I can but I'm not going to do anything else until this motor blows up. At that point, I'll look at some options but, you're right, for now, the coolest thing about my car is that it is a daily driver and I really don't want to mess that up.

So, sorry for the false alarm, but I am going to keep it where it's at for now and enjoy it.

BTW: I'm faster than 10.30's now, Paul...:oops: (and the 2.8H is going on my car within a couple weeks)

W1ldcat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with keeping it as is. Now you can really push the envelope and I wouldn't be surprised to see 9's at all..

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you go the 370 route I will buy your current set up.
You should change your cars name from Chevykiller to projectneverdone:leghump:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mark with that kind of power you should go ahead and do the tubs when you upgrade the cage and get it certified. That’s going to be an unreal ride I envy you.

Earl

ClassJ

Powershifter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
While I am sure it will be awesome once done.....

My personal thoughts are that you have an awesome street car that can also serve track duty. I would either stop now or if you want to go faster buy a dedicated drag car. Or make this a dedicated drag car and get something else hot to toy around with on the street.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Just curious as to one of your posts.......how were you going to come up with 370 inches? Most of the bigger cubic inch projects done in the past have come up rather short on either power or longevity.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the bigger blower with your current compression so you can still run 91 would still be a nice bump in HP that could get you high HP and low ET's with a race tune.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking the bigger blower with your current compression so you can still run 91 would still be a nice bump in HP that could get you high HP and low ET's with a race tune.
Even better - drop the compression a little and crank the boost - then when you leave the track - drop the boost. Best of both worlds - 1000RWHP _should_ be achievable with a 300-330ci engine with loads of boost based on what some of the 4V guys did with even lower compression and twin turbos...

I wouldn't go down as far as the 4V compression with the 3V as so far it seems not to like it as much and makes it wheeze until the boost kicks in.

I am in the camp of tried driving previous cars too heavily modified for the street and it ain't fun. Track time is at too much of a premium and turning is fun now and then. Unless it is a tube chassis skinned dragster, it should be "streetable" with minor mods to leave the track.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I have a 64' Nova in my uncles garage right now that is 'street legal' that I actually drive about 6-8 miles a year cause that's all it's good for on the street. I may start a new project next year but I'm leaving this car alone. A high 9 sec. daily driver isn't too shaby anyway...:onfire:

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I have a 64' Nova in my uncles garage right now that is 'street legal' that I actually drive about 6-8 miles a year cause that's all it's good for on the street. I may start a new project next year but I'm leaving this car alone. A high 9 sec. daily driver isn't too shaby anyway...:onfire:
8 miles - that's like 32 passes:leghump:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Or just go buy a V6 or a theft recovery car and do whatever the hell you want. Wish I could find one somewhere dirt cheap.

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just saw this thread and I think you should go for it besides that will get me to round 4 as Adam calls it faster. Besides you built your setup like 4 times so I am 2 behind you or 1 I have lost count.:roflmao:

Back