My take on plasti dip race stars with pony centercaps

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Yay. I did that on the gf's car as well. Would look good on your color.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Light blade: emblems and rear faux gas cap have been done...I did both on mine and they look great! I'd take the emblems off though to do it. Saves time fingering away the overspray.

As for the durability, I was more asking others... I know u just did it :)

Plastidip also is supposed to be sprayed very heavy on the FIRST coat. This makes for easier removal if you ever choose to do so. It's not like normal spray paint that will fisheye and get all nasty. A heavy initial coat will still dry even and smooth and look very good and be much easier to remove.

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
Plastidip also is supposed to be sprayed very heavy on the FIRST coat. This makes for easier removal if you ever choose to do so. It's not like normal spray paint that will fisheye and get all nasty. A heavy initial coat will still dry even and smooth and look very good and be much easier to remove.

From my messing around with it, I found a light coat in the beginning worked best for me, then 2 heavy coats.

Best part is you can play around and see what works best, at $5 a can and the ability to peel away failed attempts its pretty awesome.

blackmustang12

forum member
Reaction score
I am not a big fan of the racestars but those look pretty damn good. i love the black/polished or black/machined look on wheels.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Gotcha yeah I was just checking out your thread with the emblems. Im still on the fence about doing mine right now.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Whatever you do, leave the wheels JUST like they are! They are going to look smoking hot on your car.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thought about it but not sure how it would effect the plasti since it is supposed to be flexible, so I dont think clear would do to well over it.

Hit up the plasti'd grill this morning with high pressure water point blank, no issues. ;)

Last edited:

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
You are a plasti-dipin fool. Those wheels came out great! Need to get me a can of that and play around with it.

Redwolf

Reaction score
Anyone try spraying some clear over it to get a gloss look?

Thought about it but not sure how it would effect the plasti since it is supposed to be flexible, so I dont think clear would do to well over it.

Hit up the plasti'd grill this morning with high pressure water point blank, no issues. ;)

I have.

I did the grill on my wife's Hummer and clear coated over it. It takes several layers of clear to get a shiny look. I did 3 coats of clear for a gloss look. It never gave me any problems, for atleast 3 months until I sold it that way. I even waxed it.

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
I have.

I did the grill on my wife's Hummer and clear coated over it. It takes several layers of clear to get a shiny look. I did 3 coats of clear for a gloss look. It never gave me any problems, for atleast 3 months until I sold it that way. I even waxed it.

You do any light sanding an polishing? And do u remember what kind o clear it was? I think I remember someone saying that they make a clear for plastidip...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back