My wife says my car sounds like shit...

freebass55

Public enemy #75461659
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So, I'm gonna surprise her with a change of exhaust. I need suggestions. I have stock headers going into a Bassani catted x-pipe, and finishing with a set of Flowmaster mufflers. I am really just looking into trying a different set of axle-backs to go with the x-pipe. She said, (her words) your car doesn't sound mean. Any advice?

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
FRPP Stingers.

andyman

what a mess...
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Borla stingers :) but put the h-pipe back on.

i am going to try those resonaters when i get back.

G

grey06gt

The FRPP stingers are the exact same thing except they have a 3.5" tip rather than 4"...much cheaper too. Throw on an o/r H pype and it sounds mean.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Cutouts...

... if she doesn't think that is "mean", get another wife. :screw:

freebass55

Public enemy #75461659
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cutouts...

Does anyone make cutouts for our exhaust? Didn't you get yours custom made?

I'll try the stingers, but the x-pipe is staying. Unless there are any other suggestions, that's what I'll do.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
The stub outs and flanges were "custom made".. i.e., welded onto the X-pipe. But the valves I bought at Jegs.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have Bassani L/T and Catted X-pipe with the stock mufflers and everyone that hears it tells me not to change it at all. From the local speed shop I go to to the local mustang club I go to I have only gotten positive comments about the sound of my exaust. I know I am giving up HP keeping the stock mufflers but I like the way it sounds so I think I am going to keep it.

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Exhaust Cut-Offs

Get a pair of exhaust cut-offs.Made by quick time performance in New Jersey.Yes for our new 05-07 models.Check out there web site.I have them on my 05 GT.Order it with the programmer they offer,it is way cool.

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Does anyone make cutouts for our exhaust? Didn't you get yours custom made?

I'll try the stingers, but the x-pipe is staying. Unless there are any other suggestions, that's what I'll do.

I have a set of Used Stingers at Greg's shop. If you like the sound they are yours for Cheap!!!!

travelers

Reaction score
Cutouts...

I'm with you don. Maybe a hearing aid.

or even have a muffler shop make up a short pipe to go where the mufflers go just for some fun.

tom281

Warp Rider
Reaction score
Having tried stock, Bassani, Corsas, and Borlas all with an offroad H, Borlas are what I kept. I did add 18" resonators to the o/r H which eliminated the trumpeting and droning- now it sounds awesome!

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Having tried stock, Bassani, Corsas, and Borlas all with an offroad H, Borlas are what I kept. I did add 18" resonators to the o/r H which eliminated the trumpeting and droning- now it sounds awesome!

thats what im planning on doing

FordMotorHEAD

The TIRE PIMP !!!
Reaction score
So, I'm gonna surprise her with a change of exhaust. I need suggestions. I have stock headers going into a Bassani catted x-pipe, and finishing with a set of Flowmaster mufflers. I am really just looking into trying a different set of axle-backs to go with the x-pipe. She said, (her words) your car doesn't sound mean. Any advice?

Cam it !!! :stir:

matt texass

Reaction score
i heard a upr o/r x and a magnapack system that we put on a car today it sounds so dam sick..... if i didnt have longtubes thats wat i would do

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The Pypes mid-muffler system seems to sound pretty good....kind of gives you that "old Mustang" sound that everyone loves. And it's cheap. I would rather hear more clips, though, before buying.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score

So the O/R H pipe with factory muffs trumpets and drones?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back