Naturally Aspirated, 5-speed cars in here.....

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That sucks about the lug nuts, what luck!

Ok awesome, what's going on with it right now?

I'm hoping to get heads, cams, 4:10's or 4:30's, and longtubes in ours by spring of next year(dunno though lol), I wish the stroker was an option. :(

It's getting repainted again , It got painted last week but come to find out the paint wasn't the correct color and is just a shade off ( had a pearl in it and from almost every angle it matched perfect but from one or two it looked purple lmao ) so the guy is redoing it this week . The next two things on my list are racestar wheels 15" all around , and swapping out these pig gears and going with some 4.30's . But by that time I will no longer be any good for this thread as I am swapping to a auto and restalled stock convertor ( 3500 ) in early-mid january .

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
It's getting repainted again , It got painted last week but come to find out the paint wasn't the correct color and is just a shade off ( had a pearl in it and from almost every angle it matched perfect but from one or two it looked purple lmao ) so the guy is redoing it this week . The next two things on my list are racestar wheels 15" all around , and swapping out these pig gears and going with some 4.30's . But by that time I will no longer be any good for this thread as I am swapping to a auto and restalled stock convertor ( 3500 ) in early-mid january .

That sounds so frustrating about the paint. :mad2: I want to swap out our 3:73 pig gears for sure in the future.

Your setup sounds pretty sick and good for an N/A car besides the turbo cams/low comp. Are you ever going to go to flat top/domed pistons and N/A cams?

VanWilder

forum member
Reaction score
Year: 2005
Type: Mustang GT
Power: have not been on a dyno yet
Engine: 281
a. JLT 2 CAI
b. SCT Xcal 3 w/ Tillman Speed 93 All-Out tune
c. JBA LT headers w/ O/R H-Pipe
d. Steeda Economy CMVC delete plates
e. Comp Stage 2 Mutha Thumpr cams w/ phaser limiters
Suspension: BMR Lowering springs (2in drop) w/ UPR Adj. Panhard Bar
Weight Savings: Full weight - hood + 180lbs (Me)
Trans: 3650 (stock)
Gear: FRPP 4.10
Tire and Size: 26x11.50x17 Mickey Thompson ET Streets (Bias Ply) and 18x9 FR500s with 275/35/18 up front

Best E.T. 1/4 mile: 12.41@ 107.89mph 1.75 60ft w/ horrible conditions (45 degrees with a 20 mph headwind and I didn't have my hood on because it was getting repainted at the time so I was getting a fair amount of drag I would presume...this was the last night the track was open and I wanted a time...elevation somewhere around 1300 give or take) shooting for the 11 sec mark as well NA

Last edited:

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That sounds so frustrating about the paint. :mad2: I want to swap out our 3:73 pig gears for sure in the future.

Your setup sounds pretty sick and good for an N/A car besides the turbo cams/low comp. Are you ever going to go to flat top/domed pistons and N/A cams?

Well it is but I have to say TPS has taken care of me before and has again Zack which is the paint guy there ( but works at a actual paint shop also ) is the one who did the paint / body work . It's really no ones fault but the paint retailer they sold/mixed him the wrong color ( they mix by weight not computer ) . But with that being said I am offshore anyway until the 18th so It doesn't really affect me any down time wise but just sucks he has to redo the awesome work he just did because of some dipshit . I will be posting a thread around the 20th-21st with the new look and combo so just keep a eye out .

Now as far as the flat top / NA cam route actually yes but it won't be until next year ( mid-end ) before I pull it apart once again . I have already put together the parts/price list for the complete overhaul so now It's just a matter of ordering parts which I will be doing over the course of this year . Which btw is at a total of right around 2700 bucks and I still have one or 2 small things to add so I would say all in all around 3-3500 total by the time I am done . Now with that being said I am happy with what it made considering it's exactly opposite of a perfect NA combo and I am going to enjoy this mofo for a while lmao .

470 GT/CS

forum member
Reaction score
Well it is but I have to say TPS has taken care of me before and has again Zack which is the paint guy there ( but works at a actual paint shop also ) is the one who did the paint / body work . It's really no ones fault but the paint retailer they sold/mixed him the wrong color ( they mix by weight not computer ) . But with that being said I am offshore anyway until the 18th so It doesn't really affect me any down time wise but just sucks he has to redo the awesome work he just did because of some dipshit . I will be posting a thread around the 20th-21st with the new look and combo so just keep a eye out .

Now as far as the flat top / NA cam route actually yes but it won't be until next year ( mid-end ) before I pull it apart once again . I have already put together the parts/price list for the complete overhaul so now It's just a matter of ordering parts which I will be doing over the course of this year . Which btw is at a total of right around 2700 bucks and I still have one or 2 small things to add so I would say all in all around 3-3500 total by the time I am done . Now with that being said I am happy with what it made considering it's exactly opposite of a perfect NA combo and I am going to enjoy this mofo for a while lmao .

The paint pics sound nice, it'll sure be cool to see them. Btw, that doesn't seem terrible for a rebuild, considering cams are about 650-750 and pistons are about 600. Do you have any idea how much power you might gain from the rebuild?

BLKS197

Formerly TAJoerg
Reaction score
People with DRs ??
what are leaving the line at?
I think if I can cut a good 60' I could get my 12.6 in the 12.3 range.

I was cutting 1.80's with some spin leaving at 4300 and 18psi...Only got to make one run at 16psi and it bogged real bad at 4300.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
guess not tonight.....darn rain. I'm anxioius to go out with the 4.10's and dr's along with the prostars up front. Also added a mgw shifter, torque limiters w/ brace, and new transmission since the 12.9 pass oh and exhaust but that's worth nothing over what it already had. lol

DownriverT

forum member
Reaction score
GT
281/295
cai, udp, o/r h, dyno tuned
3.90 trutrac tons of suspension mods
stock 3650 centerforce clutch
275/40/17 hoosier dr
1.81 60' 12.89 at 104
full weight-an empty trunk
I am done with n/a built the car the slow painful way I need some power.

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
Well then the Dynojet guy needs his calibrated! LOL
Yeah no shit, it was Your Buddy Codi and we know how he works. I had the n2o tune in from Doug checking AF and he wanted to do a N'A tune pull before hiting the n20. I said let me install the race which he replied it was the same tune as Doug's n2o tune even with colder plugs.

Eeeh, WGAF right. Aint going back.

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
People with DRs ??
what are leaving the line at?
I think if I can cut a good 60' I could get my 12.6 in the 12.3 range.
Low 1.7 to mid 1.6 60' ~5500-6000rpm, and need good suspension setup with good springs and shocks.

12.3' you'll also need good air AND GOOD TRACK PREP for cold conditions.

RuthlessGT

forum member
Reaction score
Well just the 1/4 times seem alittle quick for the HP mods people have listed , but im sure that theres Suspension stuff not listed so i take it back.
Like I said Good Times, but was just alittle confused.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
my times aren't very impressive as you can tell by the 60'....only suspension mods at that time were eibach prokit and that'll hurt more than help. Everything done to the car is in sig. It even has the original paper air filter in there :) Just remember alot of the good times come down to the driver.

s197shockwave

forum member
Reaction score
Year: 2007
Type: Mustang GT
Power: have not been on a dyno yet
Engine: stock
even the air box in in place.
a. Bama 93 octane race tune.
Suspension: Eibach pro Lowering springs. UPR Adj. Panhard Bar
Weight Savings:gutted trunk, removed front sway bar.
Trans: stock
Gear:stock 3:55
Tire and Size: front 255/45/18, rear Toyo Proxes TQ drag radial 315/35/18

Best E.T. 1/8 8.70@84mph 2.09 60ft. I know I could have ran an 8.5 that night but my second gear went out after the third pass.

08Bullitt2291

N/A the only way
Reaction score
Just wondering. When i was running street tires i was doing about 106 through the traps and when i changed over to my radials that are shorted it killed my mph i was doing about 100 or 101 if i was lucky. the et. changed also when i ran the car on street tires it ran 13.30s or .20s befor i tuned it with the radials it was running .40s to .60s? any guesses?

Stock 08 bullitt with mt radials and tune
best run 12.95 @ 102mph

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tires size??? Driver mod???? The tune maybe???? Just thinking out loud here.........

08Bullitt2291

N/A the only way
Reaction score
the street tires are 28'' x 8.5- 18'' and the radials are 26'' x 11.5'' - 17''.. i was thinking that maybe with the bullitts 3.73 cutting the tire size down two inches made the gears more like 4.10s or high threes, and maybe the car just was not pulling third very hard with them. because with the bullitts 6500rev limit you can it out in third with the street tires and it would hit the limit about 10ft befor 1320 with the radials so with the tune i moved the limit up to 6750 with some math it should be pulling about 107 through the traps but still isnt. should i be shifting into forth and not running third all the way out or????

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back