need help now!!!

SilverBolt

Its "just" a sixer.
Reaction score
I was recently in a an accident where another car hit my passenger side on the rear wheel and rear quarter panel. we took it to a dealership and it was fixed, but they said there was only cosmetic damage. My dad and i checked everything out and so far from what we can tell is that the lower control arm, panhard bar and axle were not damaged at all.

Now knowing this what could've caused our passenger rear wheel to be about 1/2 in. rearward of the wheel well when on the driver side the wheel sits almost perfectly in the center of the wheel well.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. sorry about grammar or spelling im in kind of a hurry.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The rear end isn't centered. Do you have lowering springs? Is the suspension lowered? The probably can be fixed with an adjustable pan hard bar. The key is, was the rear end centered before the accident or not? There is a lot of variation in a stock vehicle, and it may have come from the factory that way.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
what could've caused our passenger rear wheel to be about 1/2 in. rearward of the wheel

T The probably can be fixed with an adjustable pan hard bar.

I think you might have missed what he is saying (or I am completely misunderstanding). From the way I read that, he is saying the passengers side rear wheel sits a half inch back more toward the rear of the car than the drivers side. If that is the case, an adjustable pan hard bar isn't going to help him out.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
I think you might have missed what he is saying (or I am completely misunderstanding). From the way I read that, he is saying the passengers side rear wheel sits a half inch back more toward the rear of the car than the drivers side. If that is the case, an adjustable pan hard bar isn't going to help him out.

yeah, you're right Hawg, that's what he meant. and he does have lowering springs, but the accident was fucking weird. they hit him on the side, damaged the whole rear fender around the wheel but the door and rocker were COMPLETELY untouched.... new rear axle? 8.8 swap would be good...

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

yeah, you're right Hawg, that's what he meant. and he does have lowering springs, but the accident was fucking weird. they hit him on the side, damaged the whole rear fender around the wheel but the door and rocker were COMPLETELY untouched.... new rear axle? 8.8 swap would be good...

Ok I did miss that as I thought he was compairing it to the other rear tire.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
when i installed my adjustable lca's, i had to shorten one side probably 1/4 to 3/8 inch more on one side to center the rear end and get the wheels measurements from front to back the same on both sides.

i haven't been in an accident....well, i mean i did hit a dear, but that was superficial front end damage.

SilverBolt

Its "just" a sixer.
Reaction score
i know it was centered before i put the lowering springs on but never checked it again cause the installer said he added the eibach alignment adjuster kit also, as far 8.8 i thought about it and once i get a little more cash flow i think thats what im headed for instead of installing the gears and posi i have. i'll just get one with 3.73s already:evillaugh:

any other ideas?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back