need help shopping for my next Mustang

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I've spent the last several days combing online inventories of dealers all over Florida but it's slow and time consuming since there is no public comprehensive list of dealerships or a database of inventories. I know dealers can access that stuff but I'm not familiar with the process.

I'm looking for a sterling gray California Special, and I prefer a manual transmission simply because I drove an auto yesterday and it felt like I was driving Grandma's car. I know the MT-82 is garbage and the auto is faster but I feel a sports car needs a manual transmission. Not looking for a bunch of other options but 3.73 (or even 3.55) gears would be nice.

Found a CS auto locally but the bottom line price was fairly high compared to other cars I've looked at. It came out to $39,845 with TT&T out the door (including 6% sales tax). His starting number was 37,198 minus $2K rebate.

I am willing to drive for the right deal. I can bring my trailer and haul it back with me. I have an 840 FICO and I'm planning on about $7K down payment.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'd u r looking at near 40k, why not consider a Pre owned Shelby?

itsslow

forum member
Reaction score
I'm looking at selling my coyote... it's an 11 but doesn't match anything that you said you wanted. It's a 6 spd base model car, grabber blue, makes 450 whp and ran 11.3 @ 121 n/a. Has a nitrous mmr 1500 bottom end but has never been sprayed, and mt82 is giving out. Has 3.73's and all the suspension mods. $19k takes it

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I'm quite specific in what I want. If I wanted a base model or some other color than Sterling Gray I would have said so. I also want a new car, not used. I've only bought one other new vehicle and that one was in 1988. I'm due for a new car.

Dave, I don't want a Shelby or the insurance that goes with it. I already have plans.

itsslow

forum member
Reaction score
I'm quite specific in what I want. If I wanted a base model or some other color than Sterling Gray I would have said so. I also want a new car, not used. I've only bought one other new vehicle and that one was in 1988. I'm due for a new car.

Dave, I don't want a Shelby or the insurance that goes with it. I already have plans.

:dead2: Just throwing the offer out there bud.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I appreciate the offer, but I'd prefer not turning this into a catch-all thread of various options. I've spent 2 months deciding what I want and now that my mind is made up I'm in the search mode. I really don't like any of the current colors except the gray, but I already own a gray truck.

For the right deal I'd consider Ruby Red with charcoal/suede interior but I'm not interested in any other color. I really like the Guard Green in the 2015 Mustangs but I don't want to buy the first year of a new model.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
I believe Ford gives Mustang Club of America members the x plan discount on top of any rebates. That should be around an extra 2k savings.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Not that I don't like the CSs but I never felt what Ford charged for that package was worth it. I rather have the Brembo brakes. Sorry for the opinion.

Newman

sumidicsayhuh?
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My buddy just bought a used 14 with 7200 miles with everything you want minus the C/S for $27k OTD.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The CS package is only $1995 and half of that is the wheels. I like the seats much more than the basic 400a black leather seats. My Bullitt seats were showing obvious wear with less than 40K miles. I don't feel I need or want the dusty mess associated with Brembo brakes and I'm not particularly fond of the Brembo wheels.

I'm not trying to be mean, but once again this isn't a decision making thread. I don't want a catch-all thread with hundreds of opinions on what to buy. If you can help me find the car I've already decided on, please post up. We have several people here who work for dealerships so I figured I could tap that resource. If you don't have access to a 2014 sterling gray CS then I'm not buying your car. Thanks.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Brian, what are your plans for the car? Are you planning on going FI? Id hate to see you buy a car, put a blower on it, and not be happy because the garbage mt-82 is holding you back from really enjoying it.

Also have you looked at the 401A package?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not much close.

Picture1_zpsec124945.png

Picture2_zpsa708f31a.png

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
AutoTrader.com lets you search new vehicle inventory at dealers; or at least it does up here.

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back