Need help with Mustang GT dual fuel pump kit instal

Royb

forum member
Reaction score
I'm stuck on step 29C & 30 in the crappy instruction sheet - who's been there done that? what do I do?

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
29C: [FONT=Arial,Arial]Release terminals for the LB/YE wire and the LG/VT wire from the connector housing. Do not remove terminal from wire. These are the fuel sender wires.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial]After carefully removing the blue lock from the OEM connector, look at the terminals inside the connector. If you look very closely you will see small locking tabs that secure each of the wire terminals to the plastic connector. CAREFULLY pry these locks back with a pick and pull the two wires from the OEM connector.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial,Arial]STEP 30: [FONT=Arial,Arial]Insert fuel sender wires into the connector labeled [/FONT]SENDER CONNECTOR (2) [FONT=Arial,Arial]with the LB/YE wire going into the left side and the LG/VT wire going into the right (see Fig. 20). [/FONT]

Insert the two wires just removed from the OEM connector in step 29C into the connector of the FRPP harness as show in Fig, 20.

STEP 31: [FONT=Arial,Arial]Connect SENDER CONNECTOR (1) [FONT=Arial,Arial]into [/FONT]SENDER CONNECTOR (2)[FONT=Arial,Arial]. Once connection is made, the LG/VT wire should line up with the RD/YE wire and the LB/YE with the BK wire. [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Royb

forum member
Reaction score
29C: [FONT=Arial,Arial]Release terminals for the LB/YE wire and the LG/VT wire from the connector housing. Do not remove terminal from wire. These are the fuel sender wires.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial,Arial]After carefully removing the blue lock from the OEM connector, look at the terminals inside the connector. If you look very closely you will see small locking tabs that secure each of the wire terminals to the plastic connector. CAREFULLY pry these locks back with a pick and pull the two wires from the OEM connector.[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial,Arial]STEP 30: [FONT=Arial,Arial]Insert fuel sender wires into the connector labeled [/FONT]SENDER CONNECTOR (2) [FONT=Arial,Arial]with the LB/YE wire going into the left side and the LG/VT wire going into the right (see Fig. 20). [/FONT]

Insert the two wires just removed from the OEM connector in step 29C into the connector of the FRPP harness as show in Fig, 20.

STEP 31: [FONT=Arial,Arial]Connect SENDER CONNECTOR (1) [FONT=Arial,Arial]into [/FONT]SENDER CONNECTOR (2)[FONT=Arial,Arial]. Once connection is made, the LG/VT wire should line up with the RD/YE wire and the LB/YE with the BK wire. [/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

two million thanks you got me going in the right direction:allhail:

G.T

Reaction score
you brought me back in time..
man what a pain in the ass installing the dual pump was :S

ended up crammed on my knees behind the driver seat for a couple hours, and i remember struggling with these steps, as the plug that came with my kit didn't have the pins inside.. so i had to cut and splice the wires instead..

Royb

forum member
Reaction score
you brought me back in time..
man what a pain in the ass installing the dual pump was :S

ended up crammed on my knees behind the driver seat for a couple hours, and i remember struggling with these steps, as the plug that came with my kit didn't have the pins inside.. so i had to cut and splice the wires instead..

that would have been nice to at the very least have one that worked. after i completed the instal with some good help from tmcolegr my pumps were DOA :tdown: they are off to FRPP for warranty after zero use. I'm looking forward to doing it all over again
:doggy:

G.T

Reaction score
sorry to hear that Roy.. hope you'll get a working replacement in no time!

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
I am considering the dual fuel pumps. If you have the means, is it easier to drop the tank and install them that way instead of through the rear seat access panel?

Royb

forum member
Reaction score
I am considering the dual fuel pumps. If you have the means, is it easier to drop the tank and install them that way instead of through the rear seat access panel?

I dont think so since the connectors are right there at the pump. It's 3 seconds to pull the back seat. the only hard part is understanding the wiring and how to pull the pins out and match them up. The pump is a tight fit but it wont matter if the tank is in or out of the car.

G.T

Reaction score
the only problem with the back seat access cover is that it isn't lined up properly with the access cover on the tank.. that leaves you with a lot less space to maneuver the pump in and out of the tank.

if i'm to do it again, i would DEFINITELY drop the tank.. the only pain in the ass is having to drop the DS first

donnyonee

forum member
Reaction score
i havent heard of anybody having to drop the tank just to change the pump. i had mine in and out numerously and so did adam without much problem. i guess if you want to change it from a 1 hr job to a all dayer.?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back