Need more help.

05sonicblue

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, I have been reading all of the O2 posts. P2196, p2197 and p2198 posts. I read them all back to 2010. And yellow roush post. And all the recent ones. I have all of those codes. 2005 4.6l 3v gt.
so far I have added fuel injector cleaner, replaced fuel filter, pulled and cleaned plugs checked all COP's the plugs and COP's are all brand new. Problem started over the winter. I did find a vacuum leak from manifold to brake booster. The hvac/ and cruise do not work. So I'm thinking vacuum leak. Check the O2 sensors they are correct. Have a video with my crappy scanner. Here it is.

http://youtu.be/_Kr8un_ia9s

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did u check the battery and alt?

05sonicblue

forum member
Reaction score
Both battery and alternator are new and were tested. Pulled the alternator and checked wiring and cleaned and tightened down the battery.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Lito would know but he's busy working on my tune right now. I'm not familiar with that logger but it seems like it should be closer to 1-2% if that. Just go through all of your vacuum connections.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
It is, I'd say one or two more changes and it'll be finished.

05sonicblue

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, I sprayed down all the vacuum lines throttle body intake Nothing. However, when I shut off the car there is a pissing leak down coming from the passengers side intake area maybe under the intake?

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I get that noise whenever I shut my car off, vacuum bleeding from the intake system I'd guess. Normal.

I have never found a leak spraying lines with anything - even when I intentionally create one.

Fullboogie

King of the Ski - OG Jr.
Reaction score
If your STFT's are +/- 10+% during warmup, that's normal. If they're like that after warm up, it's showing a problem.

05sonicblue

forum member
Reaction score
I'm pulling my hair out with this car. Hose clamping every vacuum connection I can find. Still runs like ass. Hvac and cruise still not working.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Did you recently do anything to the vehicle, ANYTHING? Or did it all of a sudden exhibit this problem?

05sonicblue

forum member
Reaction score
It happened over the winter. It ran like a raped ape in the fall. My son and I put a new clutch and headers on it. JBA shorties. We have triple checked the 02 sensors and wiring. I did order a new 02 sensor for it waiting on it to ship. I'm out of work and it's my sons car so bringing it to the shop is not an option.

VistaBlue09GT

Reaction score
Was there ever a resolution on this issue. I know I'm digging on an old post but I'm having similar issues with my 09 3v an am having issues pin pointing the issue at my shop.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back