Need Power Windows up! No Wire Harness in car!

05sonicblue

forum member
Reaction score
I dont have my wire harness in my car or engine and all that Jazz. I have door panels off. how do I jump the the motor to close my windows. its going to rain tonight. I have a 12v power supply and jumper wires. not sure which pins to put them on.
Thanks in advance.
Don

SLIKSKILZ

Reaction score
Well I have always just been able to do stuff like that by touching power to a 12v battery. You just need the power and ground to complete the circuit. You're not hooking it up to anything else that could cause worry. The switch runs on the 12v battery. Its just normally wired in with protective fuses and relays for safety of fire and other parts damage. I'm no expert but I have done it with so many things. Same idea as hooking up a little light bulb to a switch and a AA battery. Positive wires, negative wires, switch and battery. I had to do this when selling my factory powered seats. We just ran power and ground from a extra car battery to the seat switch. I touched the wires to the battery posts while he used the switch to confirm the motors were working and the seat moved.
Personally I wouldn't run through the factory wires. Run your own wires straight to the motors in the correct positions for the up function. Hope this helps. The diagrams are from IIHS.Screenshot_20181206-162833_Samsung Internet.jpg Screenshot_20181206-162923_Samsung Internet.jpg

mrt2you

forum member
Reaction score
when i hot wired my windows 2 years ago. i had a extra door harness, i cut 6" from the plug from the power motor..
if i remember correctly i had to run power to the main red wire, AND power to the drop wire that is activated when you open the door handle AND power to the down wire along with grounding the black wire. 3 wires to power and 1 wire to ground.
i save the modified harness but someone had to borrow it and i never got it back.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I would have just unplugged the window motor from the car and jumped it directly. It is 2 wires, it will either roll up or reverse the + & - and it will roll down.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I would have just unplugged the window motor from the car and jumped it directly. It is 2 wires, it will either roll up or reverse the + & - and it will roll down.
This ^^

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back