Needing some help/ intercooler to throttle body piece.

bwil2326

Reaction score
I’m hoping someone can help me out. I have a 2005 mustang that has a V3 super charger with a cx racing a2a inter cooler. The piece that connects from the throttle body to the intercooler piping is trash. Does anyone know of a better piece that will work with that kit? I should’ve just spent the extra coin on the real deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gavin.biegler

forum member
Reaction score
i have the same kit, i had to spend some time finagling it around till it sat right. i also used a large zip tie or too around the ecu bracket i believe to keep it from hitting the ac pulley. idk another piece that would work, but i think if you keep at it you'll find a position where it'll sit right.

bwil2326

Reaction score
i have the same kit, i had to spend some time finagling it around till it sat right. i also used a large zip tie or too around the ecu bracket i believe to keep it from hitting the ac pulley. idk another piece that would work, but i think if you keep at it you'll find a position where it'll sit right.

It’s been years since I’ve installed it. The piece that was pictured in the kit and what I received were two completely different pieces. Thank you for your input though. It was a pita to get on.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
How is it trashed? Isn't it cast aluminum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bwil2326

Reaction score
How is it trashed? Isn't it cast aluminum?

It’s not technically trashed. It’s just not the right piece and cx racing won’t sell the piece separate. I’m just trying to get my old high school car going again

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Since they won't sell you just that piece you might be better off just getting a 90* silicone hose instead.

I had the cx racing but never installed it as I ended up buying a full Paxton kit.

Is this the same kit you have?

16172f04c78976cf5a831de146c43568.jpg

72e2a9b9edf2b202e9fa24be068f522e.jpg

Vortech/Paxton sell the intercooler pipes individually but it wouldn't work with the CX kit as the Paxton is bent at a different angle.

bwil2326

Reaction score
Since they won't sell you just that piece you might be better off just getting a 90* silicone hose instead.

I had the cx racing but never installed it as I ended up buying a full Paxton kit.

Is this the same kit you have?

16172f04c78976cf5a831de146c43568.jpg

72e2a9b9edf2b202e9fa24be068f522e.jpg

Vortech/Paxton sell the intercooler pipes individually but it wouldn't work with the CX kit as the Paxton is bent at a different angle.

The piping looks the same but not the top piece. Would you wanna sell it?? [emoji846]

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back