New 2015 EB owner

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pinkie Pie! LOL!! I have a 3 year old daughter that's all about My Little Pony.

Love that Magnetic color.

hotrod_renegade

Captain Hindsight
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase! Look forward to seeing how the car comes together with the mods you have planned. :thumb2:

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
310/320 to the crank is what they are rated at.

Torrie at Unleashed is who I will probably go with, 300hp to the wheels and 400tq is the norm on 93.

I saw in a few places, tuners were typ getting 300 rwhp...and 417 rwtq..with just a 93 tune..and nothing else. Going from oem 320tq at the crank. ( 281 rwtq)... to 417 rwtq is crazy. That's loads of tq for a dd street car. Sorta like a 60's muscle car, lotsa tq, not much hp. No doubt the ecoboost weighs a heck of a lot less than the 5.0 L...which would have several advantages. Better hp to weight ratio, better front to back weight distribution, better handling, etc.

With 417 rwtq, it should pull hard, esp if the car is a bit lighter. I'd be happy with that package.

Last edited:

2014_GT

Bowtie Bitch-Slapper
Reaction score
I saw in a few places, tuners were typ getting 300 rwhp...and 417 rwtq..with just a 93 tune..and nothing else. Going from oem 320tq at the crank. ( 281 rwtq)... to 417 rwtq is crazy. That's loads of tq for a dd street car. Sorta like a 60's muscle car, lotsa tq, not much hp. No doubt the ecoboost weighs a heck of a lot less than the 5.0 L...which would have several advantages. Better hp to weight ratio, better front to back weight distribution, better handling, etc.

With 417 rwtq, it should pull hard, esp if the car is a bit lighter. I'd be happy with that package.

If these were set up from the factory like my old '13 Focus ST were, then the torque gains are legit. Ford limits the boost in the lower RPMs for some reason. Tunes just reverse that.

Anyway, I like the car. Congrats! I considered a new EB but ended up getting a new '14 GT since the incentives were so crazy good. Regardless, there's a little bit of jealousy in me about your new car. ;)

IndyEric

forum member
Reaction score
Looks awesome, man! Is anyone trying to tune the fusion ecoboost like this, or is it possible?

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
If these were set up from the factory like my old '13 Focus ST were, then the torque gains are legit. Ford limits the boost in the lower RPMs for some reason. Tunes just reverse that.

Anyway, I like the car. Congrats! I considered a new EB but ended up getting a new '14 GT since the incentives were so crazy good. Regardless, there's a little bit of jealousy in me about your new car. ;)

The reason they are so limited is because Ford wants the EB motors to always "pull" consistently. The boost pressure is adjusted based on temp and humidity to make it feel as fast in 110* temps as it does at 40*.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats Greg, glad you found something and also happy you're back in a Mustang. So when are you coming east to pick this thing up, or are you getting it shipped to you?

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
coachpurse.jpg

Congrats on the free gift for Auto trans buyers!!!!! I think it will go good with your sandals!!!:omfg::laughlots:

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome. Totally digging the fun Cam had with the lights and wallpaper...

Congrats! Wife and I look forward to your build and happiness...

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Greg

When u register the car in CA, wouldn't u have to pay sales tax, that's the way its done in most states.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Greg

When u register the car in CA, wouldn't u have to pay sales tax, that's the way its done in most states.

I am not sure on automobiles but on firearms you are correct. Interested to hear the answer on this one.
Nice car Greg. I get why you went with an auto but that would be a fun combo in a manual for sure.

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
Greg

He shouldn't have to, as long as you can prove you paid sales tax when you originally obtained the vehicle. At least that's how it is in VA. If he couldn't prove he paid tax then they would make him. But all he needs to do is bring the bill of sale. Unless CA is fucked up in some way.

Redline727

"I wanna go fast!"
Reaction score
Congrats Greg! Glad to see you went with the EB, can't wait to see the build commence. From what you and I both read I think you are going to go with the right choice of tuner too.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back