New cam surface corrosion

Zach Baumann

Reaction score

FredB66

Reaction score
I had the same experience with HR cams from LMR. For what you paid for those cams they should be spotless. Give them a call. They're great folks and will surely swap them out.

whitmanink

Reaction score
my new cams and my water pumps had this ,, i was told its fine and wont do no harm,,, so i installed mine , and was perfectly fine

GriffX

Reaction score
I would not accept this. It can be a starting point for pitting if it is near by a cam lobe tip. And I guess you sent them spotless money ;)

Zach Baumann

Reaction score
Exactly with how much these cost I’d expect them to be perfect not like this. Thanks everyone I’ll definitely get in touch with them.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
You might be able to clean those rust spots away with fine emery cloth coated in engine oil, but I'd recommend that you contact LMR first and see what they say. After all, you'd have paid close to a grand for them plus shipping. They should really offer to exchange them and pay for return shipping.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
You might be able to clean those rust spots away with fine emery cloth coated in engine oil, but I'd recommend that you contact LMR first and see what they say. After all, you'd have paid close to a grand for them plus shipping. They should really offer to exchange them and pay for return shipping.
This. Always contact your seller first. See what they say.

Laga

Reaction score
Are you sure it’s rust that’s in metal , or dried out oil sitting on top of the metal? Those cams could have been sitting on the shelf for a long time. Soak a shop rag in a solvent that won’t evaporate and let sit on marks for an hour or so. If that doesn’t touch it, then it’s probably rust and cam’s should be replaced.

Laga

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your input on the issue. I contacted LMR and no questions asked they are sending me a new pair and free return shipping.
Nothing like good customer service. Sucks you have to wait, but at least they stand behind what they sell.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back