~ New Guy & WannaBe Drifter - V6 Drift Spec ~

LedZepplin77

Reaction score
How far is it? "Technically" you don't have to use a clutch to shift LOL. I wouldn't advise it, since it's going to be rough on your trans, but 300 is mod money! It's all about knowing what RPM to shift at, and I have absolutely no idea lol. If you could stick it in second you would probably be ok, since you can do anywhere from 0-60 in second lol.

dafridgea

forum member
Reaction score
How far is it? "Technically" you don't have to use a clutch to shift LOL. I wouldn't advise it, since it's going to be rough on your trans, but 300 is mod money! It's all about knowing what RPM to shift at, and I have absolutely no idea lol. If you could stick it in second you would probably be ok, since you can do anywhere from 0-60 in second lol.

Ya the clutch is completely shot.

Getting a Spec Stage 2 clutch & upgraded flywheel.

Not to mention a handbrake cable that I also broke.

All getting done at Mustang Magic in Deer Park, NY

Reaction score
Take a look at the falken mustang, try to get as close as possible to that. Turbo is a wonderful idea, just wait until somebody on a more v6 oriented site sells one, you can get the powerhouse for about $3000 used. Stiffen it up with a panhard that has Qa1 polyspherical bushings, for that matter, most of the suspension should be adjustable and polyspherical. You can dial everything in and once it's dialed there is no give in the suspension whatsoever. The LSD is the most important part of the formula. Don't neglect steering either. Some guys use multipliers. Quality ball joints are a good improvement. Slap great tires on the front and crap ones on the rear. If you are looking for a great crowd pleaser, get the tires that smoke different colors. A combination of a red tire, blue tire, and a "smoke screen kit" will make a red white and blue drift spectacular. Get at much weight out of the nose as possible. Relocate the battery to the rear and take out the air conditioning. Upgrade the clutch and use the pro 5.0, it's great. Have fun.

dafridgea

forum member
Reaction score
Take a look at the falken mustang, try to get as close as possible to that. Turbo is a wonderful idea, just wait until somebody on a more v6 oriented site sells one, you can get the powerhouse for about $3000 used. Stiffen it up with a panhard that has Qa1 polyspherical bushings, for that matter, most of the suspension should be adjustable and polyspherical. You can dial everything in and once it's dialed there is no give in the suspension whatsoever. The LSD is the most important part of the formula. Don't neglect steering either. Some guys use multipliers. Quality ball joints are a good improvement. Slap great tires on the front and crap ones on the rear. If you are looking for a great crowd pleaser, get the tires that smoke different colors. A combination of a red tire, blue tire, and a "smoke screen kit" will make a red white and blue drift spectacular. Get at much weight out of the nose as possible. Relocate the battery to the rear and take out the air conditioning. Upgrade the clutch and use the pro 5.0, it's great. Have fun.

Thank you for the advise.

How much HP do you have with that Procharger kit.

I was thinking a engine swap this winter to like a 4.6 3V GT motor.

I could go Turbo or Supercharger to current engine but I heard the its not good on the internals when at constant high revs, which is what drifting is all about.

Battery relocation is going to happen. AC is staying till September atleast :D
Just got the Stage 2 Spec and flywheel installed. It seems ok but the garage had an issue and said that had to machine the upgraded flywheel for it to fit. Have a Ford racing LSD for now, when I go 8.8 I wil get a good Torsen Diff, I heard there the best. Waiting to hear about getting my spindles modified for more steering angle :)
Havent dealt with getting new steeda ball joint must look into that now.

Not really interested in fancy tire smoke yet. But great idea.

Got my camber adjustable top plates for my coils now I just just have to get it aligned and set to negative camber for drift events.

dafridgea

forum member
Reaction score
The Installing of Parts brought to you in part by:

167660_1263905375180_1756132575_480549_5289054_n.jpg

Here are the guys behind AMP
Steve Kova (L) & Danny Hong (R)
KovaBuilt001.jpg

Here are the new lower control arm relocation brackets:
KovaBuilt009.jpg

KovaBuilt016.jpg

Old 3rd Link Control Arm:
KovaBuilt029.jpg

New 3rd Link Control Arm:
KovaBuilt054.jpg

KovaBuilt045.jpg

New Steeda X5 Ball Joints:
KovaBuilt042.jpg

Old V6 Front Brake Rotors:
KovaBuilt057.jpg

New GT Front Brake Rotors:
KovaBuilt058.jpg

New Rotors & 35mm Spacers - That brings me to a zero offset in front:
KovaBuilt062.jpg

Steve is running away from the stance:
KovaBuilt064.jpg

Some Nice Angle:
KovaBuilt066.jpg

Danny working on the HID for the headlights - Bling Bling Yall:
KovaBuilt076.jpg

Some Final adjustments:
KovaBuilt078.jpg

KovaBuilt095.jpg

KovaBuilt098.jpg

KovaBuilt104.jpg

171433_10150124403685560_604350559_8234776_8377591_o.jpg

More to follow next week........... :highfive:

Dreadknought

HOON MONSTER
Reaction score
Its pretty cool to see another drift build. Now go out there, use it, give us some pics and vids and let us know wow the new parts help. Especially those spindles!

dcjones

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice Anthony!!

How do you like the BC Coilovers? I've got a set of RAMs on the way. Have you changed the rear sway bar yet?

dafridgea

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice Anthony!!

How do you like the BC Coilovers? I've got a set of RAMs on the way. Have you changed the rear sway bar yet?

Hey Dave - The BC Coils have been working out great.

Ya I have Hellwing sway bars in the front and back for the past year now.
Front is set to medium
Rear is set to softest - Its the only I could set it was the lower control arm relocation brackets get in the way of the bolt.

I may have better updates on Blog:

http://celticdrifter.blogspot.com/

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
hey dafridge, keep me updated on any events you get goin on. im down in queens and want to definitely get some drifting goin on

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
i saw that vid and thats why i wanna get involved. where was that?

dafridgea

forum member
Reaction score
Any updates?

Ya man

167660_1263905375180_1756132575_480549_5289054_n.jpg

Danny Working on HID's for Fog Light:
KovaBuilt107.jpg

Steeda battery box Prep:
KovaBuilt131.jpg

Before:
KovaBuilt117.jpg

After:
KovaBuilt119.jpg

Steve marking for strut surgery:
KovaBuilt149.jpg

Old Knuckle:
KovaBuilt150.jpg

New Knuckle:
KovaBuilt154.jpg

Who DID THIS?!
KovaBuilt151.jpg

More install Shots:

KovaBuilt160.jpg

KovaBuilt162.jpg

KovaBuilt163.jpg

KovaBuilt164.jpg

Removing 7 threads from inner tie rods:
KovaBuilt169.jpg

La Angle:
KovaBuilt183.jpg

KovaBuilt184.jpg

KovaBuilt188.jpg

KovaBuilt189.jpg

KovaBuilt190.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back