New here.

Paul Greene

Reaction score
58358A32-C51C-44F4-8AA1-9A4468E69B16.jpeg I’m new to the Mustang world, not older muscle cars, I’ve had a few, but so far love this modern Ford Mustang! 2012 GT, Lava Red Metallic, 6sp, no to little options (instrument cluster mph, rpm, temp, and fuel gauge). Roush exhaust, AM 18” wheels, with 18k miles. Fun to drive!

Paul Greene

Reaction score
Welcome! Never seen a lava red before.
Thank you! I thought it was black, the dealer listed it as Red, thought it was a typo, when my wife and I took it for a test drive, she said it was Red (I’m color blind) not till we purchased, brought it home and did a bit of research found out it’s not a common color. Non the less, love the car, and hope to have trouble free years of ownership.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
I think I remember hearing the Lava Red's were more rare than planned because the paint was made or has ingredients from Japan that could not be obtained anymore due to the 2011 tsunami.

Paul Greene

Reaction score
I think I remember hearing the Lava Red's were more rare than planned because the paint was made or has ingredients from Japan that could not be obtained anymore due to the 2011 tsunami.
The tag on the drivers door frame says 5/11, that could be it. It’s a beautiful ride, and grateful to have it sit in my garage.

JJDAG

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome! Nice ride, post a pic with direct sunlight to show the color, it does look black in your pic I’m sure it’s very cool to see the change.
John

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back