New "Hurst-style" stripes installed on Maxine

MikuhlBrian

Reaction score
Spent the last couple of days working on installing new stripes on Maxine. Even before purchasing my Mustang, I saw photos of the 2010 Hurst Mustang Pace Car and fell in love with it. I'm looking to recreate the look on my 2006. It has influenced the color I bought, as well as the new wheels I recently bought.

Here are the results and a few in-progress pics of the work. The stripes are matte gold 3D carbon fiber. The white "stripes" are 10" wide, with a 2" gap in between. Not trying to pass off the parts as carbon fiber, I just like the look of it and to be a little bit different.

i-9VpVNP6-M.jpg

i-R7CtNHQ-M.jpg

i-FGQNQ53-M.jpg

The Inspiration

i-X55hPh9-S.jpg
i-DBWCv4F-S.jpg

Progress Pics

Started at the back, had to remove the GT500 spoiler. PITA!!!!
i-57zLc98-M.jpg

Rear taped up to outline where the vinyl would finally be.
i-TdzrVqc-M.jpg

Rear almost completed
i-Kf8z69k-M.jpg

Rear done!
i-nRDZDbR-M.jpg

Moving to the front, 2" center line stripe taped off.
i-9GShVvR-M.jpg

All lines taped off, ready for vinyl.
i-qRtP9dj-M.jpg

The largest sheet of vinyl, cut up into three sections for the three pieces on the hood.
i-WTdSxzh-M.jpg

Center and left side completed.
i-w7fcC8F-M.jpg

MikuhlBrian

Reaction score
Yup. I've always been a big fan of the Hurst gold/white color combinations. The 70's Hurst Oldsmobiles, the Chrysler Hurst 300, and now the Hurst Mustang.

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
i like it.

atleast it doesnt look like every other mustang out here. looks like you did a great job of cutting and laying down the stripes.

are you gonna do the wheels like the HURST in the pic? i would. if your gonna do the theme like that go all the way

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Personally, I think it looks better than the original. Nice work.

MikuhlBrian

Reaction score
i like it.

atleast it doesnt look like every other mustang out here. looks like you did a great job of cutting and laying down the stripes.

are you gonna do the wheels like the HURST in the pic? i would. if your gonna do the theme like that go all the way

Yeah, I'm still on the fence about the wheels. Somedays I think hell yeah, others hell no. I've got a few more mods planned before I do it, so I've got some time.

Personally, I think it looks better than the original. Nice work.

Thank you. :-D

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
It looks great, but you're gonna have to do the wheels to really set it off. That's what really makes the Hurst car look so interesting.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks good, but I like the stripes in your sig better.

I think you should paint the wheels to set it off.

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
Not a fan, but big thumbs up for executing it very well and for being different.

mfergel

forum member
Reaction score
I think it looks great and you did a fantastic job on it. Wonder what it would look like with that gold carbon fiber on the rim inserts and if the vinyl would hold up under the heat/etc. on the rims?

I agree. White mirror covers.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back