8 second 2006 Mustang GT

Discussion in 'S197 Mustangs For Sale' started by Sactown, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Sactown

Sactown Sactown

Link to pictures.
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5fY5gnBVtugU3lxQWNuNE5TTVE?usp=sharing

Parts list
    Mikes transmission Power glide w/SFI case
    PTC Torque converter 4500 stall
    L&M built 4.6l 281cid V8 see build sheet in link above
    127350 XFI comp cams
    SFI diaper
    Hurst shifter with trans brake
    Kirkey seat
    Stroud 5 point harness certified to December 2020
    Stroud window net
    Roll cage certified to 8.49 built by Mike at Enterprise Motorsports
    Optic Armor windows front and rear
    Bogart wheels 15x4 front, 15x10 rear
    SLP line lock
    MSD 2 Step
    AMS 2000 boost controller with upgraded firmware that allows the boost controller to bump the car in, CO2 system controls waste gate
    Precision 76/75 CEA Turbo with the ball bearing upgrade polished
    Ford racing intake
    Ford racing throttle body
    ID1300 injectors
    Fore fuel rails
    Fore Fuel pressure gauge
    Autometer Cobalt boost gauge, and transmission temp
    Autometer shift light
    Steeda adjustable upper control arm
    BMR lower controller arms, k-member brace, A-arms
    Race Craft ARB
    Steeda radiator support w/front sway bar delete
    AFCO radiator w/electric fans
    16volt electrical system
    External power shutoff on rear of car
    Mickey Thompson 28x10.5x15 radial slicks, Mickey Thompson 15x4.5 front
    Carbon fiber drive shaft
    Steeda Ultralite fiberglass 4” cowl hood
    Santhuff adjustable coil over shocks up front
    Menscer adjust shocks rear
    Built 8.8 rearend, upgrade axels, tru-trac, 3.73 gears
    Turbo Air to Air cooled
    Cross drilled/slot rotors
    Fast charge battery charger
    Makes around 1200rwhp
    Runs on Red Ignite fuel
    Have helmet, 3 layer jacket and pants, gloves, and boots included if you want them

I’m pretty sure I left stuff on the parts list, it has been a while since I had to think about what has been done to the car.

Put this Mustang on a diet, give her a set of twins or a larger single turbo and it will run 4’s in the 1/8th, it is not far from that now.

Car still has power windows, power locks, tilt wheel, full carpet, power brakes, factory dash, factory door liners, and factory head liner, interior is still pretty much factory, never wrecked, original paint is in fantastic shape, car always covered in the garage when not at the track

Car is 100% AED built, tuned and maintained meticulously. Nothing has been skimped on or corners cut, I bought the car brand new in 2006 it is a Mustang GT premium that has been turned into a street killer race car over the years. I have won a lot of races with this car, and surprised a lot of people, it is the ultimate sleeper, looks almost bone stock on the outside, but has the heart of a killer. Car goes straight down the track, A to B every time, within a couple of hundreds each pass, it is dead on consistent.

Also selling an enclosed 20x8 dual axel trailer with electric brakes, I use this trailer to haul the car.

Asking 50k obo for the package that includes the Mustang and trailer. Please don’t insult me with lowball offers, I don’t have to sell the car, don’t need to sell the car, hell I’m not even 100% sure I want to sell the car, but as with all things, sometimes it is just time to part ways.

Anti likes this.
  2. Anti

Anti forum member

Good luck with the sale, man. Definitely one of the best 3v's out there.

Does AED still work on 3v's? If you don't mind pm me their info. Do they do rotating assemblies?

3. Sactown

Sactown Sactown

Thanks!
    Yes they do, but they don't rebuild motors anymore, L&M rebuilt the motor and I had the Manley I beam rods and diamond custom piston installed at that point.
    shawn 916-715-7569 send him a text

Anti likes this.
  4. Sactown

Sactown Sactown

bump

5. Carbuff91

Carbuff91 forum member

Nice car...build is close to the same as I have engine wise. What kind of boost are you pushing with that turbo to run those times? My 76/75 maxed out around 19psi because the back pressure when I went above that started to go beyond the 2:1 ratio.

6. Sactown

Sactown Sactown

around 24psi, the turbo is maxed at this point

7. Sactown

Sactown Sactown

bump

8. Sactown

Sactown Sactown

doesn't anyone want to go fast?

9. Anti

Anti forum member

I definitely do and would trade in a hot second if could have more than one toy, but it is set up for drag and I am not into that, at least not dedicated. I was just thinking about the motor in it earlier and wishing I had a setup like that. Love the car despite being setup as is. It would make a good stick shift class car.

10. Sactown

Sactown Sactown

You would be hooked after one 8 second pass lol

Thank BTW!

Anti and MrAwesome987 like this.
  11. 86GT351

86GT351 forum member

Nice build and good luck with the sale. Small question. No provision for a parachute?

12. Sactown

Sactown Sactown

only running 1/8th mile, don't need a chute unless trapping 135mph in the 1/8th, I'm just under 130mph so I got a little room. Before the rebuilt/upgraded motor, I was trapping 156mph in the quarter, track wasn't too happy with me not having a chute, there is no way I would run the quarter now without a chute, car should trap well over 160mph

dark steed likes this.
  13. 86GT351

86GT351 forum member

I kind of figured you were under. Do you have a provision for it?

14. Sactown

Sactown Sactown

yeah, I just need to make the purchase, but don't really want to, I get a kick out of racing the big tire guys with a chute then seeing the expression on their face after I beat them, having a chute kind of lets everyone know what your car at least traps at.

15. ponys197

ponys197 forum member

Great build. Finshed mine now and going to put the forged longblock in it here soon so I can get that 8 second slip. GLWS.

Sactown likes this.
  16. Sactown

Sactown Sactown

right on, would be nice to have some company!

17. ponys197

ponys197 forum member

Right now if things go well with some tuning changes - we are looking to potentially be in the 9.9x on an SBE original factory motor.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.