New Spec 2+ clutch, steel flywheel, slave cylinder kit & pilot bearing

Al Guapo

forum member
Reaction score
I purchased these parts for my 2008 Bullitt (same part #s as GT). All of these parts are brand new. It's a spec clutch stage 2+, steel flywheel, spec slave cylinder and FRPP pilot bearing. All parts cost me $846 plus shipping from spec.
I purchased all items from American Muscle except for the slave cylinder which I got directly from Spec.

Will not part. Will sell everything for $750 with free shipping in the U.S. With free shipping and discount you'll save about $150-$200 depending on your location.

You can email me [email protected] or call my cell (201) 638-1956. Leave a voice if I don't answer and I'll call you back.
I copied and pasted the descriptions from AM and Spec websites.

Thanks for looking.

Item #1) Spec Clutch Stage 2+ (cost me $409.99 shipped):
Ultimate Upgrade. The SPEC Stage 2+ delivers a unique combination of incredible holding power with great street manners. If you have a forced induction setup in your 2005-2010 Mustang GT and hate the "on-off" feel of true single purpose race clutches, the SPEC Stage 2+ is the ultimate upgrade to your 'Stang, with the capacity to handle 669 ft-lb of torque.
Street And Strip. The SPEC Stage 2+ combines the holding capacity of the Stage 3 clutch with the streetability of the Stage 2, making this clutch perfect for weekend warriors who still want to spend time showing off their high horsepower pony on the street.
Premium Quality. To deliver great holding power without sacrificing driveability, the Stage 2+ features carbon semi-metallic material on one side of the disc with a Kevlar material on the other side. It also features a full face design for smooth engagement for great streetability. The Stage 2+ kit also includes a high clamp pressure plate and alignment tool for an easy installation.
Specifications:
•Fits 2005-2010 GT Mustangs
•Torque Rating: 669 ft./lbs.

This Spec Clutch requires the use of a Spec flywheel for proper engagement. AmericanMuscle highly recommends the Steel Flywheel for this Stage 2+ Clutch to avoid warping and optimum results. See the drop down menu option above.
Technical Note:
•The 2005-2010 Mustang uses a concentric slave cylinder instead of a conventional throwout bearing.
•Therefore this clutch kit will not include a throwout bearing.
•It is recommended to install a new SPEC flywheel with this replacement clutch for the 2005-2010 Mustang GT. Look at our flywheel page page for these 2005-2010 steel and aluminum flywheels.
ebayspecclutch.jpg

ebayspecclutchinstructions.jpg

Item #2) SPEC billet 6 bolt steel flywheel (cost me $299.00 shipped):
Premium Quality. By choosing a premium quality flywheel like a SPEC Billet Steel flywheel for your Mustang GT, you'll enjoy driving it more and also have more peace of mind. SPEC flywheels are made to the highest standards for both performance and safety. These flywheels are are machined to a .001 tolerance (other brands are only made to .01) and designed and weighted for the perfect balance and surface to compliment your new clutch.
Protects Your Investment. When replacing your clutch you have two options: resurfacing your flywheel, or getting a new flywheel. Most times, getting a new flywheel is better than resurfacing, as the flywheel will dictate how well your clutch will perform, as well as how long it will last.

Rebuildable. A cheaper flywheel won't stay that way - SPEC's steel flywheels have a replaceable steel friction plate which makes this flywheel rebuildable. And this flywheel surface is also made from a special type of steel specifically designed to help your new clutch "bed in" properly and to promote superior grip - so this might just be the last flywheel you ever have to buy.
SFI Certified. If you're using this flywheel in high performance or racing applications, SFI Certification is critical so you can run your Pony at the track or strip. And it's great for peace of mind even in a daily driver - at higher RPMs, stock cast flywheels have been known to explode.
ebayspecflywheel.jpg

ebayspecflywheelinstructions.jpg

Item #3) Concentric Hydraulic Release Bearing/Slave Assembly (cost me $125 + shipping):
Comments:
The '05-'06 Mustang uses a concentric slave cylinder instead of a conventional throwout bearing. Therefore these kits will not include a throwout bearing.
ebayspecslave.jpg

Item #4) Ford Racing Pilot Roller Bearing (96-10 4.6L) (cost me $11.99 shipped):
Cheap Insurance. To extend the life of your Mustangs new performance clutch it is highly recommended to replace that old and worn out stock pilot bearing with a brand new Ford Racing Roller Pilot Bearing for less friction and a trouble free life.

Application. This Ford Racing Roller Pilot Bearing is specifically designed as a direct fit replacement for all 1996 to 2010 manual 4.6L V8 Ford Mustangs.Technical Note. This Ford Racing Roller Pilot Bearing is pre-greased, do not add extra grease or damage may occur.
ebayspecpilotbearing.jpg

Back