New Times and Questions

TexStang

Reaction score
Went to Lonestar Motorsports Park tonight and had a new best time for me. It wasn't that fast, but it was a 2.07 60ft, 13.52 @ 105.49. That was on my 295 Azenis, so not even drag radials. I figured out gettin of the line a lil better on the last pass. Its got better 60fts in it no doubt. My problem was on the 1st to 2nd shift it would break loose and pitch sideways. I'm slightly disappointed because I ran a 13.6 stock at 104...granted that was a freak time but I was hopin to knock down a 13.3 or 13.2 tonight. Oh well.... I'm not sure what is my next step... I would like to do something suspensionwise but not sure where to really start. What would in ya'lls opinion be the most cost effective suspension mod? I can't do full suspension or anything right now as I don't have the $$, but suggestions would be great. I can do some smaller things ie lcas or uca etc

I met DynoJoe tonight...had a damn nice GT500 out there, and I believe it was knockin down nice times as well

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
105.5 mph is good for 13.0's, maybe even faster with practice. I would start with the typical LCAs--relocation brackets if lowered---and UCA. Plus, get some drag radials so you don't break loose and pitch sideway---that kills ET right there. Perhaps all that is needed is that you do your 1-2 shift differently.

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
If you're on a budget, get some good tires on a set of take offs. That will help your times right off the bat. Then you can slowly build up the suspension. Nothing ruins a good run like spinning the tires or breaking loose.

TexStang

Reaction score
I know where a set of Mickey ET streets 275/40r17s are for $150 that I'm thinking about picking up, but I'd like to see what it would do with the street tires before I buy ET Streets. I think a 1.9 can be had somewhat easy out of these tires and stock suspension, but I'm tryin to figure out what would be the best suspension mod... LCA's and UCA is what I'm bein told so far and thats what I was kinda thinking. Its there any reason to get an adj UCA and adj LCAs?

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
You dont reallly need asjustable control arms, it just really helps dial everything in. If youre lowered, it will also help you dial in your pinion angle.

TexStang

Reaction score
I know that, but I want it to be right, not halfassed. Plus having it dialed in right should help with the 60ft... I was askin if there is a reason to have both adj, or just get the UCA adj and the lowers fixed

DynoJoe

cleaning out your closet
Reaction score
Tex, nice meeting you out there.
LSMP is a really tricky track, especially on friday nights. Try hitting the track before all the farm trucks and the kids who do JF style burnouts on their street tires hit the track.

We made several good passes in our new shelby, but noticed once again as the night went on, the track lost grip. Best pass of the night for the shelby was a 10.994 @ 132, never got a real good sixty foot out of it, but managed a best of 1.60 for the night. As the night went on, we walked the starting line and not one single place on the line did my shoes stick. At the beginning of the night, you'd lose your shoe, but after the trucks and what not, it goes away really quick.

We are heading back out friday night again to test some more on the silver car and see if we can get a bit better time out of it.

You should be able to get the 1.9X out of it that you want, but it will take some practice and a prepped track.

TexStang

Reaction score
Good to know bout LSMP. I'd been there before about a year ago and I remember the track prep going down hill as the night went on, especially after the sun went down. I'm pretty sure I can get a 1.9 at least out of these tires since I made that pass at 10:50 at night, and the the rears had ~40lbs of pressure in them from autocrossing. Hope to run into you again out there

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back