New to the Forum/2006 V-6 5 spd manual Convert questions

flyinlow2

Reaction score
Hello everyone, my name is Chas I'm from Minnesota. I have been reading a lot of the posts on 4.0 to 4.6 swaps S197 and there is so much great information out here! I have been planning a 4.6 install for years and finally am ready. I purchased a 2006 4.6 engine with 5 spd manual trans (68,200 miles) out of a 2006 S197 Coupe complete with the engine harness, PCM and GT Instrument Cluster. From everything I have read on the forum it sounds like I am good to go and it should be a straight plug and play swap. My only question that I have not been able to find an answer to is what if any changes are needed under the dash? Do I swap the 0-120 mph for the 0-140 GT speedo, what would it in-tail should I go this route?

Thank you in advance for your responses,

Chas

Cole

Reaction score
It’s not necessary to swap out the instrument clusters, but if you have the cluster that originally cane with the engine, you might was well swap them out.

It will retain the 4.6 engine’s mileage on the odometer, and if you have a base model 4.0 the 4.6 cluster will have 2 extra gauges. And the 2 line display on the right side bottom.

All you have to do so pull off the cover, straight out and up it s just clipped on. After that, I think 4 bolts on the cluster, and one connector behind it. Let me know if you need more info.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Welcome too, from a former MN resident (born/raised).

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back