New to the forums

lauraspony

Reaction score
Got the forums name from someone at the track tonight. Been hanging out at a few other mustang forums and figured i would take a peek here. curious to opinions here about a posting i have out there.

I am very new with cars and learning alot from reading and reading and reading, but i do know alot of new v6 owners like this information

2008 v6 auto
roush cai
dual with hpipe and super 40's

ok well i am confiused. i spent right at 500 for a tuner + dyno tune, goto the track tonight and not only do i not equal my best time i am .100 off of my best time before a tune. Now i didn't have the best of nights and maybe i need to learn to drive the car again at launch and so forth but i would have assumed that the tune and the 35tq and the slightly tighter shifting that i would atleast match or beat the 9.5 time i have had once.

here is a list of the runs, not my best by a long shot
frown.gif
i had a bad night at the launch and even had only my 2nd redlight.

1. 2. 3.
r/t .085 .114 .206
60' 2.225 2.211 2.193
330 6.289 6.260 6.286
1/8 9.642 9.604 9.660
mph 73.48 73.61 73.13

ok dyno runs

First run the night before
http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=run1qb1.jpg

best run today
http://img183.imageshack.us/my.php?image=finalrd0.jpg

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Hard to say at first glance why no real difference. What is the difference in track conditions between when you set your best and this run?

lauraspony

Reaction score
well not sure on the conditions, but it was the same track, onething i can think of is last night it was cooler, but from what i have been reading thta should get you better times.

lauraspony

Reaction score
thanks, what times are you running the 1/8th in? and i am off to the 1/4 mile track tomorrow just outside of LA. Hope the 1/4 shows the power difference, my best time as of last week was a 15.5 in the 1/4 i am hoping to hit the 15.1 area, but going in really early, "8am" and going to play with the shift mph and try to hit it in the make hp/tq range, i think mine is around 5300 rpm

lauraspony

Reaction score
thanks, well i went to the 1/4 mile today and posted my fastest time ever. managed a 15.08 today. had alot of questions about it being a v6:)

myeleanor

Resident Shrink
Reaction score
thanks, what times are you running the 1/8th in? and i am off to the 1/4 mile track tomorrow just outside of LA. Hope the 1/4 shows the power difference, my best time as of last week was a 15.5 in the 1/4 i am hoping to hit the 15.1 area, but going in really early, "8am" and going to play with the shift mph and try to hit it in the make hp/tq range, i think mine is around 5300 rpm
wait, u live in los angeles?? i ran a 10 flat against a gt..funny thing is, i beat the gt that run. But yeah. I run at irwindale speedway.

lauraspony

Reaction score
Well don't live here just visiting. I am now running a steady low 15 1/4 mile @ 90 mph. And have been asked what was done to the car. It isn't the fastest out there but holding up fairly well. Was told the burnouts are nice LOL. I'll probably be at irwindale this Thursday to see if the new set up beats 9.5. I believe it should on a good run get a 9.3-9.4. ifyou want to hear some in car audio I put it on YouTube " sorry no video ca
"

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Congrats, and welcome. Hell 15's in a 1/4 for your mods is quite good. Get some track time and lower your reaction times and you'll eventually get better.
My first runs at a 1/4 mile track were in the low 16s (n/a with cai and tune). Most stock or near stock V6's will run 16s in the 1/4.

lauraspony

Reaction score
well my reaction times are pretty steady around .100-.200 but in the past I was running high 15's with a best of 15.5 but seen a 5 speed do a 15.1 in phoenix and was told he was all stock but the other 2 5 speeds I raced I beat by more than a second each. Going to try irwindale thursaday if they are open cause in the 1/8 it will be hard for the civics to beat me

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back