New to the VA area

TrickyP

Booyah!
Reaction score
Well I finally made it to VA from my N. Cali trek. My wife and I are still searching for a house, but it looks like we'll probably be living somewhere in Poquoson or Yorktown. Once I get settled, I'll definitely have to hit the local crowd up. Just wanted to introduce myself!

Here's what I've got: 2006 GT, 5 speed manual. Mods: Roush CAI, Brenspeed tune, FRPP X-pipe, Corsa axleback, FRPP "P" springs, Koni STR.Ts, Steeda strut mounts, BBR motor mounts, PHA 1-pcs driveshaft, 19" brembo wheels, Goodrich SS brake lines, and Hawk HPS pads.

MU0X2394.jpg

Last edited:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome I have been following your journey across country. If you are into road racing, like your picture shows, the only track is Virginia International Raceway down near Danville. Drag action has a couple of options. There are tracks in Va at Richmond Dragway and Virginia Motorsports Park south of Petersburg. Maryland Int. Raceway is the closest in MD and in NC you have Northeast Dragway in Hertford as the closest.

Earl

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome I have been following your journey across country. If you are into road racing, like your picture shows, the only track is Virginia International Raceway down near Danville. Drag action has a couple of options. There are tracks in Va at Richmond Dragway and Virginia Motorsports Park south of Petersburg. Maryland Int. Raceway is the closest in MD and in NC you have Northeast Dragway in Hertford as the closest.

Earl

Northeast is 1/8 whereas the others are 1/4.

Maryland International Raceway (MIR) is a good track but approx 3 hours away.

If you can get away this Friday there is a private track rental at VMP; $150 to run or free to spectate if you want to come, watch and meet some of the forum members.

TrickyP

Booyah!
Reaction score
Northeast is 1/8 whereas the others are 1/4.

Maryland International Raceway (MIR) is a good track but approx 3 hours away.

If you can get away this Friday there is a private track rental at VMP; $150 to run or free to spectate if you want to come, watch and meet some of the forum members.

Saw the thread on that....definitely see what I can do!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back