Newbie questions

James Morse

Reaction score
I am trying to use "Conversations" and I cannot for the life of me fine "start new conversation". Am I completely blind?

Last edited:

James Morse

Reaction score
Thanks for sending the rules. Certainly I intend to abide by all rules. But I'm confused - am I asking a question I shouldn't ask, asking it in the wrong place, or are you saying, it's there, I have to find it? Sorry... I see conversations, and I'd think that's what I want, but I can't see "start new conversation" so I must be either really stupid (possible) or maybe not authorized for it.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
If your interested in sending a PM to other forum members, you just left click on the person's user name. When the drop down list displays, select profile page. When the profile page displays, you'll see a box that says "type something" once you've completed your message, click post. That's all you need to do.

If that doesn't work? Then left click on your inbox between your user name and alerts on the upper right hand corner. When the inbox opens, click on start a new conversation and then type in the person's user name and take it from there.

Last edited:

James Morse

Reaction score
Yeah, exactly, that's where I started out "conversations" but here's the thing I cannot find "start new conversation" button on the conversations page. That's what I was saying, I must either be blind, or else I'm not auth for it yet? THANKS.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I just tried it as well. Got the following error message.

The following error occurred:
Participants:
You may not start a conversation with the following recipients: James Morse.

This is more than likely due that your not authorized for it at this time. Therefore for the time being, your only other option is to follow the first step that I provided you with :shrug:

James Morse

Reaction score
Ok. Yeah I would say probably not authorized. I have a forum myself I manage so I'm pretty familiar with authorizations. What's the best way for me to request auth for PM's? "Contact us" link? Thanks again.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
You cannot request it.. Until you've met the minimum amount of posts submitted in the forums, only then will you be authorized to submit PM's.. If you have any further questions? then try the "contact us" link.

James Morse

Reaction score
OK, so it's probably auto-authorize setup. Guess I'll have to just go with that. Not trying to make waves... thanks again.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you're too new, it's an anti-spammer process, I'll get you squared away

also generally users call that a "PM" or Private Message.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back