Next Mod - Suggestions Welcome

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Were there any interference issues with the stock GT front fascia? I am curious to see how it would fit with my GT 500 front fascia & lower grill. Did the P/S cooler have to be modified?
The P/S cooler doesn't need to be modified to fit the Gords HE. It may however need to be modified to fit the SPAL twin electric cooling fans. My fans came in today so I may try to get them installed by mid next week. I won't start a job which may need fittings on a weekend.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
The P/S cooler doesn't need to be modified to fit the Gords HE. It may however need to be modified to fit the SPAL twin electric cooling fans. My fans came in today so I may try to get them installed by mid next week. I won't start a job which may need fittings on a weekend.

Please post pics of your install. I really like the larger H/E with fans. I have been looking at the Saleen upgrade JDM offers but good God that's expensive - even by my standards.

Hey Peter, I will be installing one of your tensioners tomorrow along with my new Meziere W/P with 5.5" pulley.

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Please post pics of your install. I really like the larger H/E with fans. I have been looking at the Saleen upgrade JDM offers but good God that's expensive - even by my standards.

Hey Peter, I will be installing one of your tensioners tomorrow along with my new Meziere W/P with 5.5" pulley.
I was at JDM this week and I saw that HE on the Silver 25th Anniversary Saleen.
That HE looks so stock that I thought it was the standard one till I noticed how huge it was.
That car, which is actually running the Thump_rrr Racing tensioner, is so well put together it's ridiculous.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Did Jim III or Sr. mention when it would actually be available to purchase?

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did Jim III or Sr. mention when it would actually be available to purchase?
I really didn't have a chance to really speak to Sr.
They literally just rolled in from the NMRA race and he was up to his ass in tuning.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Today I installed my new Meziere H2O pump and Thump_rrr tensioner. That bottom bolt on the H2O pump is a real PITA!! To make it even worse this pump has a larger 5.5" pulley. I was also very careful to route and secure the harness to prevent the harness from getting damaged. However after few choice words the job is done.

I do have one question for Thump_rrr or anyone else using his tensioner. With the belt installed I have 7/16" clearance between the setscrew and stop. Is that correct?

Last edited:

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Get an S197forum sticker for your next mod. There's my input.

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Today I installed my new Meziere H2O pump and Thump_rrr tensioner. That bottom bolt on the H2O pump is a real PITA!! To make it even worse this pump has a larger 5.5" pulley. I was also very careful to route and secure the harness to prevent the harness from getting damaged. However after few choice words the job is done.

I do have one question for Thump_rrr or anyone else using his tensioner. With the belt installed I have 7/16" clearance between the setscrew and stop. Is that correct?
You're golden with 7/16". Anything more than 1/4"-5/16" and you won't have any problems.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
You're golden with 7/16". Anything more than 1/4"-5/16" and you won't have any problems.
That's good news.

Now I can start seriously investigating driveshaft options and a larger heat exchanger. All my other planned summer mods have been completed.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Update:
SOS Cupholder Gauge Pod w/4 switches - done
Autometer Voltmeter - done
PMP Line Locks w/Jeg's Solenoids - done
MSD 2 Step - done
Thump RRR Tensioner - arrived yesterday (waiting on Meziere H2O pump to arrive)
Meziere H2O Pump w/V10 Pulley - ordered (all wiring & relays completed)
3.5" aluminum drive shaft - undecided on vendor
Larger Heat Exchanger - undecided on vendor

Update:
SOS Cupholder Gauge Pod w/4 switches - done
Autometer Voltmeter - done
PMP Line Locks w/Jeg's Solenoids - done
MSD 2 Step - done
Thump RRR Tensioner - done
Meziere H2O Pump w/V10 Pulley - done
3.5" aluminum drive shaft - undecided on vendor
Afco Heat Exchanger - done
Spal Dual 5.2" Heat Exchanger Fans - done
GT 500 14" front brake kit - done
3.0" to 2.87" S/C pulley - done

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
im telling ya stick with the one that was suggested by a few people go wit the powerhouse a shit load of us run them and never never had any problems with them at all ..... and for what its worth i heard the later model year cars had the e brake cable relocated already ..... but anyway go with the 4" powerhouse ..............

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back