Next Mod - Suggestions Welcome

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth I run a Powerhouse shaft and I am running the Steeda Sport springs without any issues.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
After receiving some excellent suggestions and setting a realistic budget, I have decided on the following mods to be completed over the summer:
  • Aluminum Driveshaft - haven't decided on vendor
  • Meziere Elec. H2O pump w/V10 idler
  • Thump_rrr Tensioner
  • SOS Cup Holder Gauge Pod w/4 switches (Line Locks, MSD 2 Step, I/C Pump, H2O Pump - for future use) & Custom Engraving - Already ordered
  • Larger Heat Exchanger - undecided on vendor
  • Autometer Voltmeter for SOS Cup Holder Gauge Panel (I lost my volt meter when I switched to the GT 500 gauge cluster - Already ordered
Thank again for everyone's suggestions.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
a great list indeed....:clap:

peace

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
After receiving some excellent suggestions and setting a realistic budget, I have decided on the following mods to be completed over the summer:
  • Aluminum Driveshaft - haven't decided on vendor
  • Meziere Elec. H2O pump w/V10 idler
  • Thump RRR Tensioner
  • SOS Cup Holder Gauge Pod w/4 switches (Line Locks, MSD 2 Step, I/C Pump, H2O Pump - for future use) & Custom Engraving - Already ordered
  • Larger Heat Exchanger - undecided on vendor
  • Autometer Voltmeter for SOS Cup Holder Gauge Panel (I lost my volt meter when I switched to the GT 500 gauge cluster - Already ordered
Thank again for everyone's suggestions.

Update:
SOS Cupholder Gauge Pod w/4 switches - done
Autometer Voltmeter - done
PMP Line Locks w/Jeg's Solenoids - done
MSD 2 Step - done
Thump RRR Tensioner - arrived yesterday (waiting on Meziere H2O pump to arrive)
Meziere H2O Pump w/V10 Pulley - ordered (all wiring & relays completed)
3.5" aluminum drive shaft - undecided on vendor
Larger Heat Exchanger - undecided on vendor

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I knew you'd end up going with the line locks... LOL!

Looks like a nice addition to an already incredible mod list!

Liftedbronco

Shredder
Reaction score
and my tuner had me all scared over my 12psi. nice. My .02 on your mods. Larger heat exchanger gets my vote. Have you had it tuned? Have you seen the quarter mile cooler? Forget who makes it. 8 Gallon intercooler resevoir that goes in your spare tire well. MM&FF has a write up on it.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
and my tuner had me all scared over my 12psi. nice. My .02 on your mods. Larger heat exchanger gets my vote. Have you had it tuned? Have you seen the quarter mile cooler? Forget who makes it. 8 Gallon intercooler resevoir that goes in your spare tire well. MM&FF has a write up on it.

You can do it so much cheaper then they do it.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i happen to think mine looks a whole lot better too haha. It may not be as big but it holds about 8 gallons in total with the Tank, HE, and lines i think

IMG_2543.jpg

Last edited:

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Yes it has been custom dyno tuned.

I agree on a larger more efficient heat exchanger. However, I'm not going to experiment at my expense. I will watch others to see what works or does not work. Then I will upgrade the heat exchanger.

Liftedbronco

Shredder
Reaction score
Great, and tell me what you decide on.
PS just bought an off road X to tide me over till the long tubes, msd launch control and an oil separator.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Yes it has been custom dyno tuned.

I agree on a larger more efficient heat exchanger. However, I'm not going to experiment at my expense. I will watch others to see what works or does not work. Then I will upgrade the heat exchanger.
Highly recommend GordsFord for the heat exchanger. It's an awesome piece. Scroll down to post #107 here.

tmcolegr

It's All About the Build
Reaction score
Highly recommend GordsFord for the heat exchanger. It's an awesome piece. Scroll down to post #107 here.

Were there any interference issues with the stock GT front fascia? I am curious to see how it would fit with my GT 500 front fascia & lower grill. Did the P/S cooler have to be modified?

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
No interference with the fascia at all. Did you read through the rest of that thread? I had lots of pics in there.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back