Nick in paint

W1ldcat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a nick about the size of a BB. I goes through the clear and the blue, but I can't see metal. It's on my drivers side front fender. Looks like a bug till you try to get it off. Are those nail polish like touchs worth a darn or do I have to have the section repainted. My car is always out of the sun except when I drive it, which isn't a lot.
Thanks,
Joel

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
Never used the paint pens myself but I think you can get decent results because you are able to apply the paint accurately. Don't bother with the nail polish brushes, the spot you paint will looks more conspicious than the rock chip. You can get the pens in stock colors, and pens for priming and clearing, for a seamless repair.

Repainting an entire panel for a small defect doesn't seem worth it, besides it will start to accumulate new chips as soon as you drive off the bodyshop's lot. Nothing that gets driven regularly will look perfect for long, that's just life.

W1ldcat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I was thinking of the dealer ones. Guy I talked to today said if your good you'll be the only one to notice,..
1st chip and I got it in 10-05. I have a whole 5500 miles on it.. Never been in the rain. My garage Queen.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back