Nitrous Peeps, questions!

anticubicle

Reaction score
Got a few questions for the seasoned Nitrous vets here but first a bit about my system...

Wilson Pro Flow Wet Kit - 100 Shot
MSD Digital Window Switch
Dynotune Purge Kit
Dynotune Bottle Warmer
Autolite HT0 plugs
Stock Fuel System

My question is, barring a modified tune (which I'm getting) what would the next step be for upping to a 125 shot. I know for a 150 shot I'll need to upgrade my fuel pump to either the GT500 kit or the Dual Ford GT pumps but is it necessary for the 125 shot?

Thx!!! :)

SUMMARY: Do I need to upgrade my fuel system for a 125 shot?

Slofoot

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just make sure to check your A/F ratio and fuel pump duty cycle when you put the car on the dyno to get your tune up right for the 125 shot. You should be fine but only your tuner will know for sure.

anticubicle

Reaction score
But shouldn't be too much of a need for upgrading the fuel pump on a 125 shot right?

Thx for the advice.

matt texass

Reaction score
shouldn't..... I would get cmcv delete plates aswell if you don't already have them. It just bothers me that there is something obstructing the mixtures entrance into the cylinder head.

Bubbamax

forum member
Reaction score
Make sure also you run with more than a quarter tank of fuel.
I learned it the hard way.

Picture253.jpg

anticubicle

Reaction score
shouldn't..... I would get cmcv delete plates aswell if you don't already have them. It just bothers me that there is something obstructing the mixtures entrance into the cylinder head.

I am def looking to get the plates!

Thx!!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
BAP with 125 shot.

By the way--I didn't see a nitrous pressure gauge on your list---but I did see you have a bottle warmer.

Make sure you tune the car with the pressure you want. Most kits recommend around 950psi bottle pressure, all though I used to run at 1050 psi. When I dyno'd mine a long time ago, there was a 34rwhp difference between something like 850psi (too cold) vs 1000 psi.

+1 on running more then a 1/4 tank of fuel. But also, when you loose plugs like that it could be from not using a high enough octane fuel. I used to loose a plug from time to time running the 125 shot on pump gas. But when I ran the 125 shoot with 100 unleaded, never lost a plug. So for me, I think the tune was probably a little too aggressive with 125 and pump gas. Just something to consider.

Last edited:

anticubicle

Reaction score
BAP with 125 shot.

By the way--I didn't see a nitrous pressure gauge on your list---but I did see you have a bottle warmer.

Make sure you tune the car with the pressure you want. Most kits recommend around 950psi bottle pressure, all though I used to run at 1050 psi. When I dyno'd mine a long time ago, there was a 34rwhp difference between something like 850psi (too cold) vs 1000 psi.

+1 on running more then a 1/4 tank of fuel. But also, when you loose plugs like that it could be from not using a high enough octane fuel. I used to loose a plug from time to time running the 125 shot on pump gas. But when I ran the 125 shoot with 100 unleaded, never lost a plug. So for me, I think the tune was probably a little too aggressive with 125 and pump gas. Just something to consider.

I figured the gauge was a given ;) Sorry. LOL I've seen one too many BAPs fail so I'll be going with the GT-500 Kit.

I made 3 nitrous passes this past Saturday (my first time ever on nitrous in fact). I was unhappy with the results but then again I need a tune and I had some trouble with my plugs.

I was using GT-100 gas from the track.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I figured the gauge was a given ;) Sorry. LOL I've seen one too many BAPs fail so I'll be going with the GT-500 Kit.

I made 3 nitrous passes this past Saturday (my first time ever on nitrous in fact). I was unhappy with the results but then again I need a tune and I had some trouble with my plugs.

I was using GT-100 gas from the track.

Yes, the dual GT500 pumps are definitely a better option if you have the coin. 100 octane is perfect with the 125 shot.

Why were you unhappy with the results? Tire spin?

anticubicle

Reaction score
Yes, the dual GT500 pumps are definitely a better option if you have the coin. 100 octane is perfect with the 125 shot.

Why were you unhappy with the results? Tire spin?

1st run I babied it. I was pretty nervous but netted a 12.5 @ 110.9. Seeing that I run 12.8 consistantly on motor, I know for a fact that there is a ALOT more left in it on the 100 shot since I launched @ 2500 RPM's and bogged. I also shifted like a little girl @ 5500 RPMs!!! I swear, this was due to me being scared on my first Nitrous run ;) LOL

2nd run this happened...

plug1.jpg

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
1st run I babied it. I was pretty nervous but netted a 12.5 @ 110.9. Seeing that I run 12.8 consistantly on motor, I know for a fact that there is a ALOT more left in it on the 100 shot since I launched @ 2500 RPM's and bogged. I also shifted like a little girl @ 5500 RPMs!!! I swear, this was due to me being scared on my first Nitrous run ;) LOL

2nd run this happened...

plug1.jpg

Are those the 1deg colder plugs or stock?

onebadgsx

Reaction score
have you pulled 4 degrees of timing for the 100 shot. the only time ive lost a plug was when i forgot to pull my timing and sprayed. i've run 5 bottles through at 100 shot with no bad effect other than forgetting to adjust timing. i would definatly go with a fuel pump upgrade with anything over 100 shot. when you see your FP drop to 20 psi when the nitrous hits you would notice how much we are taxing are factory set up. stang along fuel system is actually a better way to go.

i am running 11.70's with the 100 shot so you should have more in it, launch at 3500 spraying from the dig, and you will have a good run.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back