Novi 2200sl Install!!

2007grabberGT

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to take a couple of weekends to do the install. Started yesterday with the boost-a-pump. Today was plugs and injectors. I was worried about the plugs, but A little pb blaster, carb cleaner, and patience and they came out without issue.

55,000 miles, original plugs, light carbon buildup

New injectors vs old

"Before":rockit:

Last edited by a moderator:

NoviBlownGT

Boosted Crew
Reaction score
Good luck! I had plans of doing my novi install myself. But I lived at an apartment at the time and when I saw them call for a grinder I took it to the shop. lol.

2007Vert

forum member
Reaction score
I installed my Paxton 1200SL last winter. Took about 8 hours with no issues. Good luck with your install.

cm581978

forum member
Reaction score
Did you buy the kit new? What is the best deal you found, if so?

2007grabberGT

forum member
Reaction score
Did you buy the kit new? What is the best deal you found, if so?

I did buy the kit new. It's a Brenspeed kit. Their prices were competitive, but my decision of who to purchase from was based on more than just price. :)

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
I did buy the kit new. It's a Brenspeed kit. Their prices were competitive, but my decision of who to purchase from was based on more than just price. :)

I have to agree. Their prices are very good and they've been very helpful with my questions around blowers and other options.

S

santi_bh88

I love Brenspeed. They have nice custom service even To Spain

2007grabberGT

forum member
Reaction score
After pulling the intake and taking a look at the charge motion plate setup, I just shook my head.......I need to go the CMDP route before the car Gets hungry and starts eating the butterflies!

TxS197

Reaction score
Awesome I'm shooting for a 2200 pretty quick on my 09

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

2007grabberGT

forum member
Reaction score
Spent a little time on it tonight. Had to grind a tab off of one valve cover and cut the threaded stud off of a timing cover bolt. Cordless Dremel made quick work of it.

gtman

forum member
Reaction score
Spent a little time on it tonight. Had to grind a tab off of one valve cover and cut the threaded stud off of a timing cover bolt. Cordless Dremel made quick work of it.

I see you took that alternator stud out too. I was confused at first before asking Bruceh for help on that. You going to dremel the radiator cover tab while you have everything out and ready too?

2007grabberGT

forum member
Reaction score
I see you took that alternator stud out too. I was confused at first before asking Bruceh for help on that. You going to dremel the radiator cover tab while you have everything out and ready too?

Honestly, I don't want to go that crazy with the covers. I am tempted to clean them up and paint them while I have everything apart. That's the trouble with the polished head unit, it makes everything else look like crap! Anyhow, big weekend coming up for me, should see some major progress!:gr_grin:

gtman

forum member
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't want to go that crazy with the covers. I am tempted to clean them up and paint them while I have everything apart. That's the trouble with the polished head unit, it makes everything else look like crap! Anyhow, big weekend coming up for me, should see some major progress!:gr_grin:

Sounds good, keep up the progress.

2007grabberGT

forum member
Reaction score

Good day today. Relocated power steering reservoir, installed head unit, and pulled the front bumper. Intercooler tomorrow!

gtman

forum member
Reaction score
Isnt the maf supposed to be clocked higher up than that?

Polished kit looks great. Good work!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back