Official S197 BIKE Thread.... Pics!!!! Post em up!!

strong_j

TX^SWAG
Reaction score
Well just went and bought a new bike this morning. Had to have it ordered.
It's an 13' aprilia tuono v4. Picking it up at the end of the month. Will post real pics when I pick it up. :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373996511.020037.jpg

dalemllns

SLOMOD
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Picked this up for a steal. 08KX250f!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    489.4 KB · Views: 33

dalemllns

SLOMOD
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Little test ride in the yard!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 47

mr. anderson

forum member
Reaction score
I'll play:
DSC_2398_zpsa82ce268.jpg

Lito, that HP4 sounds like it wasn't tuned right. before I bought the panigale I had a 2010 S1000RR, all stock, after about 1,200 miles on it, it did 183 on a dynojet dyno at metric motorcycles up in tulsa.

Last edited:

dalemllns

SLOMOD
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I took my KX out this past weekend for some amature motocross. I hit some pretty good jumps. Actually passed a few people and stayed in the running. There was a long left turn banked pretty good that I could run out in fourth and hit fifth for just a second before gearing down and hard braking for a sharp 90 to the left. I was hitting it so hard the tail was walking out pretty good. I wish I had some shots of it but it was my favorite part of the track. Hard acceleration over some terraces and then some table tops that I could clear pretty good. Man I'm sore though. I forgot just how much work it is to throw a bike around lol. Best part is you can act a fool and wheelie and do whatever and not one cop can stop you lol

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Decided to sell my mountain bike and get something more road worthy, like a commuter or possibly a cyclocross bike. Would prefer cyclocross so that I could at least ride the dirt roads here.

It just takes too much time to load up a bike and all the gear to drive an hour and a half each way to a trail head, and then ride for a few hours. That is more than half a day by the time all is said and done. My days off are few and far between it seems, and with other stuff going on, I just don't have the time for that anymore.

Wingspan

forum member
Reaction score
Decided to sell my mountain bike and get something more road worthy, like a commuter or possibly a cyclocross bike. Would prefer cyclocross so that I could at least ride the dirt roads here.

It just takes too much time to load up a bike and all the gear to drive an hour and a half each way to a trail head, and then ride for a few hours. That is more than half a day by the time all is said and done. My days off are few and far between it seems, and with other stuff going on, I just don't have the time for that anymore.

When I started riding last year I said I had zero interest in road riding. Now it's practically all I do. I've had my MTB on an actual trail once this year. It's just too easy to jump on my road bike and leave from the house. I've been thinking about replacing my MTB with a second road bike, possibly a single speed.

TenSpeed

Reaction score
When I started riding last year I said I had zero interest in road riding. Now it's practically all I do. I've had my MTB on an actual trail once this year. It's just too easy to jump on my road bike and leave from the house. I've been thinking about replacing my MTB with a second road bike, possibly a single speed.

I have a lot of paved options where I live, in every direction. It's hard to load up and drive an hour, when I could be on the bike in 45 seconds out the door.

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score

Just grabbed a single speed bike two weeks ago. I love it. You really enjoy the ride. Obviously gearing is very important since you're only riding with one gear, but it's really a gratifying ride. Input=output, no nonsense type of ride. If you can, grab one with a flip flop hub in the rear so one side can be fixed if you really want to go back to the feeling of riding a bike as a kid. I have a flip flop hub, but so far only a freewheel back there.

TenSpeed

Reaction score
Fast as shit. Listed it on my local MTB forum yesterday, met the guy today, and a done deal. Stopped in the local shop before I left, and stopped back to pick this 2013 Specialized TriCross up. :)

iLyw9VR.jpg

Waiting for the guy to show up. Do not try this at home. It is dangerous and stupid. 30 minute trip on the highway at 65-70. The rear cup would not hold vacuum on the roof, so I had to improvise.

1UodPab.jpg

Of course after I bought the new bike, the rear cup held a vacuum like a boss, and I had no issues. Also pictured are my new to me Brembo wheels and Flowmaster Outlaw exhaust (tips at least)

ikqXwcJ.jpg

Last edited:

TenSpeed

Reaction score
Thanks!! First non dedicated mountain bike since I was like 11 and had my paper route. The test ride was awesome, and I was sold immediately. My long time biking friend was there, and he said that if I didn't get it, he would. Exactly what I wanted, even the color is cool. It will eat up the road, and then I can hit the dirt roads if needed, and even some light trail use as well.

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Lito, that HP4 sounds like it wasn't tuned right. before I bought the panigale I had a 2010 S1000RR, all stock, after about 1,200 miles on it, it did 183 on a dynojet dyno at metric motorcycles up in tulsa.

I can't tell as I did not tune it yet, think I will soon as we have made almost every one we touched net some nice gains, found dyno wideband was way off.

Have done a lot more GSXs, S1000RR, etc. Yoshimura software is nice, shame the datalogging sucks. Will play with a Kawasaki and a Triumph soon.

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
I took my KX out this past weekend for some amature motocross. I hit some pretty good jumps. Actually passed a few people and stayed in the running. There was a long left turn banked pretty good that I could run out in fourth and hit fifth for just a second before gearing down and hard braking for a sharp 90 to the left. I was hitting it so hard the tail was walking out pretty good. I wish I had some shots of it but it was my favorite part of the track. Hard acceleration over some terraces and then some table tops that I could clear pretty good. Man I'm sore though. I forgot just how much work it is to throw a bike around lol. Best part is you can act a fool and wheelie and do whatever and not one cop can stop you lol

That's awesome, dude. I love the feeling of being out on the track, not a worry in the world. Everything else just seems to disappear while you're out there. BTW, what track did you go to? My son and I have been going to Highland MX Park a lot lately. As a matter of fact, we are meeting some friends there tomorrow evening, camping, and then riding all day Saturday. Not sure exactly where you are in AL but it is only about 30 minutes from the state line (Cedartown, GA).

BTW, I obviously don't know the history of the bike you bought but make sure you keep up with the maintenance on it(oil, oil filter, air filter, and valve adjustments). These new high strung 4 strokes like to "go Boom" if you don't meticulously maintain them.

Last edited:

dalemllns

SLOMOD
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That's awesome, dude. I love the feeling of being out on the track, not a worry in the world. Everything else just seems to disappear while you're out there. BTW, what track did you go to? My son and I have been going to Highland MX Park a lot lately. As a matter of fact, we are meeting some friends there tomorrow evening, camping, and then riding all day Saturday. Not sure exactly where you are in AL but it is only about 30 minutes from the state line (Cedartown, GA).

BTW, I obviously don't know the history of the bike you bought but make sure you keep up with the maintenance on it(oil, oil filter, air filter, and valve adjustments). These new high strung 4 strokes like to "go Boom" if you don't meticulously maintain them.

This guy I know who's dad owns a dozer business has 100 acres and a private track. Talk about fun. Not only does he have his own track he also has trails cut through the woods with dozens of jumps on it as well. I rode for hours. I was beat. Yeah I know what you mean about maintenance. This engine was just built because the lack thereof lol maybe if I get some time I can try to ride out that way. I have a couple friends that like to ride like me too. It would be fun!...

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I only had my bike for about 18 months back in about 2002 or 2003, but I miss it almost everyday.

Mine was a '97 GSXR750. Last of the carb'd bikes. It had been crashed so I made it into a street fighter. Someplace I have a few pictures.

I'd love another one. A nice cruiser would be a lot of fun.

Last edited:

dalemllns

SLOMOD
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like cruisers too. I've had my share of bikes. Sport bike breed ignorance. I can't help buy walk a wheelie from nearly every stop light. Dragging knees on curvy back roads going way to hard. On a cruiser though I'm the exact opposite. Laid back with my legs stretched out, skull cap and dark shades. Do the speed limit mostly with a burnout here and there but nothing like a sport bike. Dirt fun has to be my favorite. Act a fool all you want and no chance of hurting anyone but myself. So I'm staying to the offroad fun for. Now. Plus, jumping a Gixxer or Harley 40 feet would prolly skin me up pretty bad lol

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back