Introducing Tritchy to the world…

Skythunder83

Reaction score
This is a journey of the biggest project I have ever did in a car. Many have told me to hold in this information and sell it but all I thought about is giving back to Mustang community and all S197, this information could save it from been scrapped due to aging. Every part been done myself and I did my best to note down every detail of it. Sorry in advance if I missed something or the info wasn't clear in a way or another, sure will be here as much as I can to answer your questions.

This post will be edited with added information continuously. Enjoy :hands:

Let's start with small intro on Tritchy, it is 2008 Premium GT convertible. up till 2021 it was SC with Whipple and full handling upgrades as of brakes, suspension, rear diff with Torsan in. 483 RWHP, then I thought of the next possible upgrade for more HP but this will need engine internal upgrade, will, who doesn’t love the 5.0 Coyote’s? but GEN1 engines are not new anymore and I need to think of GEN2 still every swap I saw with the GEN2 it is running standalone from the car modules and that wasn't tempting. GEN1 interior is sweet upgrade I always liked as well, with that it all started, how can such a build of both combinations can meet both in Tritchy?

To be able to do this project lots of resources are needed such as wiring diagrams, technical details and so many more, everything been collected and needed can be found here: Ultimate Mustang Project

Was it success project? Yes :highfive:

Was it worth as of efforts and cost? Absolutely yes :peace:

Do I enjoy the new Tritchy drivability? You have no idea how much I enjoy it :burnout:

What is the result of this project? Fully renewed Mustang with newer interior, GEN2 5.0 that can be boosted up to 800+ HP and TR6060 transmission that can handle the HP and give in for fuel eco. This project parts are connected and it’s very much important to overview it fully if you plan on doing something similar.

The next video is for everything you need to know on how to do this project:

Next part is special build on the headlights, such a project needs something special and it needed to look unique, after all it has special combinations, so here how I did it. Do you like it?

Let the game begin and let’s start on the swap of the interior 2005-2009 to 2014, Part 3 of this project is to change the interior which needed for many reasons, here is the process I made. What do you think?

Next part will be ready soon…

upload_2022-5-31_13-25-4.gif

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
As salaam alaikum. I see that you're based in the UAE, and I visited that Al Intikhab shop in Sharjah on several occasions to buy parts when I had my old '95 GT (sold it in 2013). I lived in Al Ain for 11 years (2005-2016) and this brings back happy memories. I even brought Scarlett back with me to Cyprus. Unlike you I still have the 3V engine but I'm very happy with it. I even prefer the old school '05-'09 interior. If someone in Cyprus wrecks his '15-'22 5.0 (the S550 is the only Mustang ever to be sold here through Ford stealerships) I might then be tempted to buy the whole car for a swap project but I don't expect in the foreseeable future.
Looking forward to seeing the rest of your videos. Great work!

Skythunder83

Reaction score
As salaam alaikum. I see that you're based in the UAE, and I visited that Al Intikhab shop in Sharjah on several occasions to buy parts when I had my old '95 GT (sold it in 2013). I lived in Al Ain for 11 years (2005-2016) and this brings back happy memories. I even brought Scarlett back with me to Cyprus. Unlike you I still have the 3V engine but I'm very happy with it. I even prefer the old school '05-'09 interior. If someone in Cyprus wrecks his '15-'22 5.0 (the S550 is the only Mustang ever to be sold here through Ford stealerships) I might then be tempted to buy the whole car for a swap project but I don't expect in the foreseeable future.
Looking forward to seeing the rest of your videos. Great work!
Hi Dino, thank you for the feedbak and hope this will help you a lot in the future :)

Skythunder83

Reaction score
New update is live! ;)
Fun part of the project has started and here where the body stay at metal only, do you dare to do so? believe me, it worth it!

Skythunder83

Reaction score
Update for the project is out guys :artist1:

Continue work on the wiring, remote start installing and I 5.0 is finally here Subscrip and stay in touch for any queastion

Skythunder83

Reaction score
Happy weekend and new episode
Another day another challenge, I/O is what its all about, sounds not complicated?

Skythunder83

Reaction score
This is it, the last days and the question now, does this swap pay it maney/effort? what do you think?

DieHarder

Reaction score
Quite impressive young man. What an effort. Any idea of how much money you put into it and how much it might be worth in your part of the world?

Skythunder83

Reaction score
Quite impressive young man. What an effort. Any idea of how much money you put into it and how much it might be worth in your part of the world?
In my eyes not every thing is 1+1=2, this car been my investment since day 1 and all knowledge I had from that hoppy been developed into something bigger and much valuable...

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
In my eyes not every thing is 1+1=2, this car been my investment since day 1 and all knowledge I had from that hoppy been developed into something bigger and much valuable...

You might be able to quantify how much the project cost financially, plus the number of man hours you put into it, but you can't put a price on the happiness you feel when the project's completed and the smiles per mile you'll have on your face every time you sit in the cockpit.
Personally I like my black/charcoal '06 interior as it is and since it's almost immaculate, I wouldn't change it anyway. I've always had a soft spot for recessed gauges and I like the chrome vent/gauge bezels. Would I do a Coyote swap? Not in the foreseeable future 'cause I'm more than happy with the power and sound of my 3V but if I should fortuitously come across a wrecked '15+ GT with a good low mileage engine, the wheels inside my head could start turning. :D

Skythunder83

Reaction score
So yes I'm still alive thank you for asking lol, it's been almost a year now and I can't get enough of this car, soo much fun to drive.
Since phase 1 is all done, will be start working on phase 2 boosting her and then phase 3 exterior body renew and color upgrade.
What ideas do you guys have for these?

07 Boss

Reaction score
Boosting it can be accomplished a number of different ways. Turbo(s) seem to be the current and continuing trend but I'm a PD kind of blower guy. Twin screw or TVS would be my choice. Easier install with a very broad useable torque curve. I went with the whipple but he roush unit is nice also.

Skythunder83

Reaction score
So yes I'm still alive thank you for asking lol, it's been almost a year now and I can't get enough of this car, soo much fun to drive.
Since phase 1 is all done, will be start working on phase 2 boosting her and then phase 3 exterior body renew and color upgrade.
What ideas do you guys have for these?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back