On3 performance turbo kit

itsmetj87

Reaction score
Ok so I have heard good and bad what's your guys opinions. I have the opportunity to get my hands on an on3 performance turbo kit relatively cheap what's is your guys opinions on these kits and does anyone have one on an 05-09 4.6 anyinput is greatly appreciated just wanna know if it's worth it.

46addict

Reaction score
I have seen people upgrade the hard parts to get to the next level because these kits are designed to be entry level. For a stock block setup though this kit makes sense. It allows you to keep the AC and possibly power steering as well which are big pluses for a daily driver.

skaarlaj

Probie Former Pink Bus Rider
Reaction score
Stupid question here, but since we're talking turbos, are most of the s197 kits requiring aftermarket "K" members like older generations of mustangs?

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very few require a tubular K member.

I have the powerhouse kit and you do not lose any ground clearance anywhere and it fits very precisely. There are kits that loop between the lower A arms or something silly like that if my memory serves me correctly.

itsmetj87

Reaction score
This kit requires you to have the stock k member due to extra support gussets on tha aftermarket ones I think I'm just gunna stay N/A this season and see how it goes

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
At least that guy didn't have to bother tearing the motor down to see if there were any salvageable parts, just look through the nearest window.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back