One Eyed Willy....the next chapter!

cruisin

Reaction score
Hopefully the parts from THP bolt up without issue. Mine requires some massaging of the engine bay to fit and some cutting where you'll never see it but I would've been really pissed if I painted my engine bay first. Keep the updates coming. I'm glad there is an option for adding the 2010+ front end now. Good job.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
I'm aware I'll have to cut / bend around the pass. Headlight area, which is going to suck because that's were I relocated my horns too and the control box for the HID's.....but I'll figure it out once I get the parts, I may reuse my old cold side which won't have me doing all that.

blacks197

Reaction score
I didn't have to cut anything on my '07 with the THP single kit. Jim@THP is building my turbo headers for my hot rod right now because he's local to me in abq.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
There have been a few revisions and the latest routes it thru that piece of metal behind the headlight. Won't be a big deal either way.I'm pretty handy with the grinder!

cruisin

Reaction score
Awesome. Jim is a big help too if you have any issues. The twin kit had the same issues with the passenger side headlight area as well as some clearancing around the front rebar. Nothing is visible once the kit and bumper are installed.

I still think that Jim needs to make a new piece to mount to the throttle body. Hopefully he comes up with an oval design rather than round as the piping gets closer to the TB.

Good luck with the build, I'll be following it closely. Unfortunately following builds like yours, makes me go back and redo things on mine. Haha

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
null_zps7c6e577a.jpg

null_zps279e8a5b.jpg

2 boxes shipped from THP same day.....only one shows up today....FML, really wanted it all this weekend to mock it all up, but looks like most of it showed up.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
My old hot side used Mac headers, that I modified and welded v bands onto for the hot side. I sold that entire hot side to gain more clearance for the stock fan. Bought a 13 gt500 fan.

96475E2A-1BCA-4B9A-AA75-B0F58FC69D65-964-000000665360DF02.jpg

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
null_zpsc9153ccd.jpg

Ceramic coated manifolds installed, test fit the hot side.

null_zps8e86bf4c.jpg

Hope I don't regret getting rid of my old hot side, my old hot side was 3" from headers to the turbo.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Thought of getting another set of shorties? I still have stock manifolds on the car myself, but not sure if it'd be very beneficial to swap a set of shorties on or not?

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Thought of getting another set of shorties? I still have stock manifolds on the car myself, but not sure if it'd be very beneficial to swap a set of shorties on or not?

I picked the stockers for 2 reasons, no chances of cracking and I think the chances of them leaking are slim because they are so stiff. Most aftermarket headers have individual runners so they just don't have that same strength. Jim also advised against using headers, I believe for the same reasons.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
Did he have your manifolds done or did you go somewhere local? Do you mind me asking what they charged?

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
$250-$300, I had a set from another member on here send them directly to Jim after I bought them for $50.....I think I threw my stockers in the trash some time ago.....

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Chris (PCP Parts) brought over my new rotors and pads this morning (can't ask for better service than that), nothing special but my old stuff was worn and rusted pretty good, these are stop tech rotors and pads, they look great! Touched up the calipers, cleaned the wheel wells.

null_zps6073cd41.jpg

null_zps2396c5a5.jpg

Bled the brakes, no leakes which is a real good thing after all the line bending and relocating the ABS unit! Speed bleeders make bleeding brakes so easy!

For a long time, I've had a clunking noise on low RPM shifts, I think I probably even have a thread on it. I replaced all kinds of stuff, rebuilt the rear end, rebuilt the tr6060, installed a BMR UCA (they were out of stock on the diff bushing at the time). I tightened every bolt under the car to ford spec.....nothing helped, I always suspected the dish bushing but never wanted to crawl under there to inspect it.

Since the exhaust and driveshaft are all off the car, and BMR got them in stock, I decided today was the day, I've heard horror stories of replacing this thing!

First inspection....
null_zps22018e95.jpg

null_zps02acfdea.jpg

As you can see my , my suspicions were correct, this thing was tore up pretty bad!

So to remove the old one I started with a drill bit, worked around the entire thing back and forth until the bushing pretty fell out on its own, then I switched to a hole saw that fit the metal housing pretty good and ran that thru a few times. Then wrapped the hole saw with 80 grit sandpaper and spend probably an hour cleaning out the housing and getting rid of the old rubber. Greased up the new bushing and got it installed, it wasn't the nightmare I've heard about but it wasn't fun either.

null_zpsf7e3e024.jpg

null_zps990fc1e7.jpg

null_zps6b500479.jpg

Tomorrow the last of the turbo piping will show up, got a few clamps I need to order and then the motor is going back in followed with the trans and driveshaft.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back