P.I. 3500 installed

hottcobra

come try to take my guns!
Reaction score
I'm ready to see what that car will run. you were .1-.2 quicker than me with the stock gears.

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm ready to see what that car will run. you were .1-.2 quicker than me with the stock gears.

Wes only went faster because of the weight difference, if he walks in front of the fan while it's on it knocks him down.:beerchug2:

hottcobra

Reaction score
well he diff has the light driver mod. but the only thing he had that I didn't was UDPs. and the stock 3.31s vs. my 4.10s and he went 13.0 and I went 13.1

I went back a month later with his tune and went 13.0 oh he did have skinnies on the front too.

hottcobra

Reaction score
how much of a pain were the cams to install? did you use the install tool? and did you use phaser lockouts or limiters?

Wes

forum member
Reaction score
Wes you think those cams would work with my setup?

You'd lose some boost with the added duration/overlap. It's basically a trade-off for power vs sound on a blower car. There are definitely better blower cams out there. That being said these cams sure do sound sweet. :)

how much of a pain were the cams to install? did you use the install tool? and did you use phaser lockouts or limiters?

The cams are a very straight forward install. It took us around 2-2.5 hours while we were talking and goofing off. If you power through it can be done in as little as an hour or so once you've done a few sets.

You do want to have the proper tools (wedge/compressor). I did NOT put any lockouts/limiters on these as FRPP says not to. Because this is my personal car I figured I'd chance it and see how they do. I've tuned for people with the same cams and nothing done to the phasers and their phasers have lived just fine. A car here the other night with the same cam had a 125 shot (about 430rw is where we left it) and his phasers took the hit just fine.

At WOT the cam angle was dead on where I commanded it so they were holding steady.

Wes

05roush0090

forum member
Reaction score
how well do our tranny coolers work? I would be seriously considering getting an upgraded one if I was running an aftermarket TC. But then again if they are efficient enough I guess it doesnt matter.

Wes

forum member
Reaction score
I find the stock cooler/heatexchanger setup works qute well. You can datalog this in LiveLink... trans > trans_oil_temp.

I like to see in the 160-200 *F range. Once you get into the 220-230 *F range and above I would consider that to be getting too hot. Heat is an auto's worst enemy.

An aftermarket cooler is always a great idea on a performance auto.

Wes

jroc07gt

its orange not yellow!!
Reaction score
We will be out there to play as well on some dr's hopefully. Looks like it's gonna be a tps shootout at scr....

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I guess i deff have to make it out there now lol

I'll hit you up saturday afternoon wes , and i'll bring the camera and laptop too .

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back