P.I. 3500 installed

hottcobra

come try to take my guns!
Reaction score
I bought the one 05stroker was selling and installed it sunday. Still in the break in miles, but can tell the diff over the stocker. acts like any good high stall converter. instantly goes to 2200 rpms when you take off, and goes into lockup hard and drops 1000 rpms.

what I'm wanting to know now is with the mods I have now. I'm running 13 flat ETs and 1.9 60ft. How much time should I except to take off with the converter?

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did you tune for the new converter? In order to get the full benefits of the new converter your gonna need a retune for the trans to control the lock up speed, shift points, etc.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
and don't forget the tires......you need a good DR also to take advantage of the converter.

hottcobra

Reaction score
no I didn't think about having to retune the trans, but will get it done.

I run M/T ET street radials at the track.

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Get Wes to make a couple shift changes in the tune.

Should be able to drop a couple tenths with the converter.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Cobra, did you do the install yourself? My PI convertor is sitting there and I've been debating dropping the tranny in my garage.

Last edited:

hottcobra

Reaction score
Cabra, did you do the install yourself? My PI convertor is sitting there and I've been debating dropping the tranny in my garage.
I did the install myself. It's not a hard install by any means. But I did it on a rack, which is a lot easier than the ground, but I didn't have to tell you that.:beerchug2:

Is that all it is good for? PI claims more.

P.I. claims a 1/2 second off the ET, but I wanted to see what everyone else says.

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I went with a TCI 3000 and I believe it was right under .2 that I picked up

Kevinmach1

Major Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did you tune for the new converter? In order to get the full benefits of the new converter your gonna need a retune for the trans to control the lock up speed, shift points, etc.

Bama told ME no retunes are required...Is that BS?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
what I'm wanting to know now is with the mods I have now. I'm running 13 flat ETs and 1.9 60ft. How much time should I except to take off with the converter?

That converter is going to love the N20 out of the hole---you have a pretty good tire, just get a window switch if you don't have one already.

With the stock converter i was at 1.6X with a 125 shot out of the hole. Is the 430 rwtq in your sig on the 100 shot?

hottcobra

Reaction score
it was a 150 shot, but I'm not running the N2O anymore. just going N/A till I get a saleen blower.

hottcobra

Reaction score
with the 150 shot I went 11.76@115 with a 1.62 50ft.

I quit spraying the car cause it's my wife's DD and I didn't want to motor to go BOOM.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So what is your rwtq N/A? The converter will definitely make a difference, but it also depends on how much power your putting to the ground.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am going to guess high 1.7X's. Converter is capable of much quicker then that, but you need more torque---as you know first hand when you hit a 1.62 on the 150 shot......

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Paul is explaining it to the detail!!

That converter would be deadly with some nitrous though....a 100 shot would do that one good...

Wes

forum member
Reaction score
We're planning on heading out to SCD on their new Saturday night TNT on the 25th!

We definitely can tune a bit to take advantage of the converter.

Wes

Wes

forum member
Reaction score
Wes are you going to be running your car?

Absolutely. I'll be in the '95 and the wife will be in her '07. The '95 has held strong on the street for the last couple weeks after taking a lotta abuse in the heat.

I'm putting some cams in the wife's car this afternoon. :)

Wes

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back