P0625, P1285, P1299

BakonZombie

Reaction score
2014 Mustang GT, Boss 302 intake, JLT CAI, Bama tuned, just passed inspection. Driving today and the "check charging system" warning light comes on. Battery is maybe 6 months old. Then coolant temp light comes on, followed by CEL. Grab my tuner, get codes P0625 field generator circuit low, P1285 engine overheat, P1299 engine overheat protection. Coolant level good, see no leaks, smell nothing, engine doesn't feel abnormally hot. Voltage gauge says it's only charging at 11.5 - 12v. Temp rises quickly when I restart vehicle. I'm guessing alternator and temp sensor, just find it rather odd that they would go at the same time. Any ideas?!

BakonZombie

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. Once I popped the hood Friday morning, it was quickly apparent what the issue was. Apparently the idler pulley bearing was going, so only half the belt was on the pulley. Belt snapped and shredded, causing the alternator and water to not run (of course). Got a new belt and idler pulley, and everything is good.
1000002760.jpg

MrBhp

Reaction score
That's good to hear! Much simpler than what I was throwing at you.

BakonZombie

Reaction score
Not sure why I never thought of it. Too simple, I guess. I went all doom and gloom thinking I needed an alternator and thermostat, or worse.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back