passenger door window trim motor issue?

back n a stang

Sick wid it!!
Reaction score
Anybody been in the passenger door of these 11+ GT's? Mine is actually a 12 Prem. 401A pack. but doubt it matters in any way on it.

I have from day one noticed my window catches on quick or even just normal opens/closing just barely and only notice due to the sound of the glass kinda clicking off body window trim. The actual Body window trim is in it's proper place.

So, my question, is there a adjustment that's pretty easy to make on the reaction time of it or what? I tried the switches up reset type BS but that's not working for this. I absolutely hate carrying my car to a dealer for anything. Bought it 2 years ago and it has NEVER been back. I prefer to touch my own car.

Any advice before I pull the door panel and all this off or a heads up?

Thanks fellows!

back n a stang

Sick wid it!!
Reaction score
Feeling like I may have got some response with this in chit-chat.....I know damn well...LOL... somebody has been in the door and has messed or knows about the trim motor or some tip.

Apex50

forum member
Reaction score
I just replaced the glass in my 2012 passenger door last night. Not much to it. There are adjustments for the height in both of the places where the regulator mechanism holds the glass- is that what you're asking?

back n a stang

Sick wid it!!
Reaction score
I just replaced the glass in my 2012 passenger door last night. Not much to it. There are adjustments for the height in both of the places where the regulator mechanism holds the glass- is that what you're asking?

That may be it......It catches just barely at the door handle end of window at top of glass. It's something with adjustment and timing of the auto trim of the drop and raise it does when open and closing.

How much trouble pulling door panel off? You break any clips? I got trim tools but I have seen some door panels that are more of a PITA than others for sure. I will pull it if the adjustment you are talking about will cure my problem. I feel like it will.

Last edited:

Apex50

forum member
Reaction score
There aren't any clips, just hex and torx head fasteners. Maybe six around the perimeter and a couple behind the door handle and pull

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back