Passenger door unlock sensor issue

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
I didn't know what to call this. I don't think it's actually a sensor issue, but likely something to do with programming. I've seen others contain, but have not seen a solution.

I'm sure many here have experienced it, but the passenger-side door rarely unlocks with the fob in your pocket. Nearly every time, I have to manually press the unlock button on the fob. Once in a blue moon it works fine, but then will immediately stop working again. I have zero issues with the driver's side door.

Is there any kind of fix for this?

07 Boss

Reaction score
I'm a little confused. Does your car automatically unlock when you get near it? Cause I have always manually pushed the buttons on the fob to unlock the doors.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
I didn't know what to call this. I don't think it's actually a sensor issue, but likely something to do with programming. I've seen others contain, but have not seen a solution.

I'm sure many here have experienced it, but the passenger-side door rarely unlocks with the fob in your pocket. Nearly every time, I have to manually press the unlock button on the fob. Once in a blue moon it works fine, but then will immediately stop working again. I have zero issues with the driver's side door.

Is there any kind of fix for this?

You might need to replace the passenger side door lock sensor. It's easy enough to do yourself, inexpensive, and Ford was considerate enough to make the door panels very easy to remove.

Before you do that though, try replacing the battery inside the key fob.

Flapjack

Lunatic engine swapper
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I've actually done some more reading and what makes the most sense is that the system that enables that function is put to sleep when battery voltage is low. I don't drive my car a lot, and often have dead battery after a week or two (probably because of the aftermarket sub that I've been too lazy to install the voltage cut off for).

I'm going to try replacing the battery and see if that helps.

**EDIT**
This is one of the threads I read yesterday that made the most sense. It would also explain the sporadic nature of it happening.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ger-side-door-handle-lock-not-working.153629/

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back