PCM/ECU Codes

mcstang

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone on here ever tried to load custom tunes, the car was undriveable and you found out later that the PCM was not in fact the code that it said on the side of the box?
I'm BKT2 but I've read on another forum (F150) that Ford reflashed and it wasn't what the sticker said.
Just curious and if so, how can you positively check that you do have what it says.

Thanks

05yellowgt

Reaction score
The best thing to do is to use your programmer to read the strategy code from the ECU and then to give that to your tuner. That way you are 100% assured to be getting a tune with the correct code for your PCM.

mcstang

forum member
Reaction score
The best thing to do is to use your programmer to read the strategy code from the ECU and then to give that to your tuner. That way you are 100% assured to be getting a tune with the correct code for your PCM.

Thanks.
I'll do that.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Care to enlighten me?

Technical thread of the day. It's a running thread in the pitstop where members pile on to questions they think aren't hard to figure out.

I thought it was a legitimate question. The code in the computer is different than the code on the side of the ecu in my car. You can read the code with a programmer.

Mikes06GT

forum member
Reaction score
I had this happen to me when i first got tuner. Bama was able to figure out correct code by walking me through some steps on tuner. Just make sure you jot down correct code somewhere for future reference

mcstang

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer Bruce,
Good news I think.
Got the car reflashed yesterday and I have my sound back,the bogging down has ceased and the gears change ok.
Opinion has it that two years ago (2 friggin years!!!!!!) by jump starting the car,incorrectly, I screwed up the ecu and she's been running shite ever since.
Including boring the shit out of you lot, I've tried everything and thrown not far off 2k in search of an answer.

Like I say early days but so far so good.

If there's a lesson to be learned here, don't be an arse when jump starting a 05 Mustang Gt.

Thank again folks

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer Bruce,
Good news I think.
Got the car reflashed yesterday and I have my sound back,the bogging down has ceased and the gears change ok.
Opinion has it that two years ago (2 friggin years!!!!!!) by jump starting the car,incorrectly, I screwed up the ecu and she's been running shite ever since.
Including boring the shit out of you lot, I've tried everything and thrown not far off 2k in search of an answer.

Like I say early days but so far so good.

If there's a lesson to be learned here, don't be an arse when jump starting a 05 Mustang Gt.

Thank again folks

That's good to hear. Now when are you putting a FRPP Whipple on it?

mcstang

forum member
Reaction score
If anyones interested, here's some shit from last Friday.
My initial elation was short lived.
Ignore the codes to do with lights-the lights need seen to before the car is legal in UK.
For example, your reversing lights are my indicators.

Cheers

Attachments

• Diablo (1).PDF
    3.1 MB · Views: 8

RLF9409

My blood runs Ford blue!
Reaction score
Few things here.
The new PCM hasn't gone through enough cycles so it is showing the p1000 code. Just need to drive it some more.
The p0355 is the #5 cylinder coil pack. Try switching it with the #4 and see if it moves to that one. If so you need a new coil pack.
P1336 is going to be difficult. Let's get these above two fixed first. This might be more serious and has to do with the crank position sensor.

mcstang

forum member
Reaction score
Cheers Mate,
The car was put into the garage to get the P1336 checked.
Whilst there they offered to update to the latest Ford programme.
The cam and crankshaft sensors are apparently perfectly in line and neither have been replaced recently. So that one remains a mystery.
I'm just going to order another coil pack for number 5 and see if there's any difference.
The P0355 was spotted last Friday but the garage it was in two weeks before never found that code. My predator can't find any codes!
I'll let you know if there's any change once fitted.
I'll be well pissed if this has been my fault since day one as several other diagnostic checks over the last two years haven't found any codes even though the car ran shit.
I read if left alone it can cause havoc with the cats though allegedly they are ok.
Car just now feels awfully heavy, it's under powered and it's as if there is no power steering.
The joys.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back