performance shop recommendations PHX, AZ

steamloco

Reaction score
Need a little help for my senior citizen father. He has an '07 with a Whipple HO. Despite being 70 years old, his view is why have a supercharger if you aren't going to use it. And despite my urging him to have a Mcleod RST or GT500 clutch installed while he was having the SC done, he chose not to.

He called me from his winter home in Phoenix and his OEM clutch is starting to give up the ghost. Enough so that it needs to be done soon. When he called it was hard for me to keep my mouth shut and not say, "I told you so."

After further research we've decided on the RST. But since I live 1500 mi. away from PHX I can't be of much help in suggesting a good shop to do the install.

So I'm relying on the vast knowledge and resourcefulness of the members of this forum to help out an old man. ;)

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

SixtySix

ZonieBaloney
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I honestly can't recommend any shops here in the Valley. My experience has been that they all pretty much suck.

The one shop I "thought" I could trust proved otherwise and subsequently closed it's doors... Gee wonder why?

HOWEVER!

Stage 3 Motorsports has recently opened up a shop and I haven't used them, or heard any of issues so far, so I'd say that's your best bet!

steamloco

Reaction score
I honestly can't recommend any shops here in the Valley. My experience has been that they all pretty much suck.

The one shop I "thought" I could trust proved otherwise and subsequently closed it's doors... Gee wonder why?

HOWEVER!

Stage 3 Motorsports has recently opened up a shop and I haven't used them, or heard any of issues so far, so I'd say that's your best bet!

Thanks for all the great input.

Found a decent shop. (he had to drive the thing an additional 100 mi. to get it there) The car is getting the required clutch and while we've got the thing apart the OEM flywheel is being swapped for a nice quicker revving 'lumnum (aluminum) platter.

He's promised to leave a testimonial in the form of burnt hides on the parking lot to express his satisfaction. So beware of an 'ol geezer driving what looks to be a stock GT. It may not be the fastest thing out there but grandpa is still willing to run it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back