Possible stock drive shaft or transmission noise

gtkid

forum member
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm sure you will diagnose this pretty fast. I've been searching for answers to this annoying sound of my new lava red gt. When it get hot out here in california I get this noise and vibration in my manual 2012 when starting from a stop. I think I found the problem but I don't want to link another message board here. Anyway it's from a stop and when I start to put load on the car I get the vibration and noise that I can feel through the shifter. Is this the drive shaft? Sounds like it's coming more towards the front. Thanks guys

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
is the clutch fully engaged when you get this noise?

gtkid

forum member
Reaction score
is the clutch fully engaged when you get this noise?

Thanks for your reply!! Yes the clutch is fully engaged when this noise happens. Start to hear it when under load and then progressively gets worse then just goes away when I get rolling. But it's only when it's hot out. Wasn't there a issue with something touching the transmission causing vibration? Maybe the piece causing it is getting expanded due to the heat? But I just had it in the dealership and I told them to checks the front control arm bushings and they said it looked fine. Thanks again

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Could be that lousy cover plate or bolts, do the chinese transmissions have this?

2003cobra22

forum member
Reaction score
Have you done any work on the car or have any aftermarket parts. Driveshaft vibration should be apparent cold or hot when moving.

Last edited:

gtkid

forum member
Reaction score
This car is bone stock accept for axle backs and resonator deletes

2003cobra22

forum member
Reaction score
how many miles on the car

Hard to say without diagnosis, that low of miles and only occurring when hot not sold on a clutch issue or any bushing. Put the car on a rack and try to recreate the sound with someone underneath, progress best you can with process of elimination. My guess is somethings rubbing, maybe heat shielding

gtkid

forum member
Reaction score

Yeah it only taking off in first at low rpms. Right when I put it under load then goes away when I get Rollin. Liken said ford didn't find anything but then again it was cold when I took it in. Thinking about handing it over to my speed shop

gtkid

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies everyone. Greatly appreciated

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
Could just be clutch chatter. Mine chatters a little bit at low RPM/when I'm lugging the engine.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm kind of having trouble understanding how the noise happens. It might just be driveline slop. Mine is kind of clunky, especially after installing an Eaton TrueTrac.

gtkid

forum member
Reaction score
Okay, i was thinking it was maybe normal. Had a little bit of the same noise on my 05. Throw out bearing maybe? So this is pretty normal? Will give it more beans from now on. Seriously thank you guys for all your help. Very appreciative

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back