PowerStop BH00115 braided stainless steel brake hoses

MasterofDisaster

Reaction score
For Heaven's sake, don't torque the banjo bolts past 20lbft.​

I recently installed PowerStop braided stainless steel brake hoses. Installation is easy.

Start with the right rear wheel. Use a 13mm socket to remove the banjo bolt. Discard the bolt and washers. Disconnect the stock hose from the steel tube. I believe the tube takes a 13mm wrench. Remove the bracket bolt, and push the ABS sensor out of the bracket. You can see two plastic prongs that stick out the back of the bracket in the photo.
Install the new bracket bolt and torque it to 11lbft. Slide the new hose through the bracket and connect it to the brake tube. I believe the PowerStop takes a 17mm wrench. For some reason, Ford says the fasteners should be torqued to 13lbft. How you do that is not explained.

Connect the hose to the caliper using the banjo bolts and washers. PowerStop does not list a torque value for the banjo bolts. When I tried the Ford spec, the bolt snapped at 25lbft. I tried another torque wrench, and the bolt started stretching at 25lbft. PowerStop later said the bolts should be torqued to 20lbft.

The PowerStop bolts are different from the Ford bolts in multiple ways.

PowerStop overnighted me new bolts to replace the broken/stetched ones for free. I was able to apply 20lbft without breaking anything.

Carefully cut the plastic clips from the old brake hose. You can use them to attach the ABS wire to the new brake hose.

Bleed the caliper. The bleeder screw takes an 11mm wrench/socket. Torque the bleeder screw to 89lbin. Install the left rear hose the same way.

The front is similar. Start with the right. There are two brackets; each has its own bolt. The front bracket bolts take 15lbft. The front hose does not go through the bracket. You may want to spray some silicone on the hose near the attached bracket so you can slide it into position more easily. I zip tied the front hose to the allen screw in the bracket. The allen screw takes a 4mm wrench.

The PowerStop kit is substantially less expensive than competitors. The pedal feel and brake operation are noticeably improved. From https://www.summitracing.com/parts/PWR-BH00115/applications, I believe it fits S-197s up through 2014.

For Heaven's sake, don't torque the banjo bolts past 20lbft.​

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back