Problem with 2 step

Chilliwack 42

forum member
Reaction score
I installed the MSD ford launch master a while ago, but never got around to finishing up the wiring for the activation switch. Im racing this weekend so with the help of my brother who is a tech we ended up putting a micro switch under the clutch and running it to a 12V source. We followed the directions got the red light, everything seems to be wired properly. Now the issue that we are having is that as long as the key is on the red light stays on whether or not the clutch switch in on. I even have a switch between the 2 step and the micro switch on or off it doesnt change the red light. How is that even possible?

Chilliwack 42

forum member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure theres something effed with this two step. I know its wired right, we even tried tried grounding it out to see if that would activate it and it wouldn't work. We ended up disconnecting the activation switch and just left the harness plugged in. Some how my car started running rough under load and would jump down 70-60 rpm and then back up even when I was accelerating. I raced yesterday and ran 13.5 @ 101(on slicks) when my previous best was 13.2 @ 109 on street tires. I unplugged the harness last night and ran a 12.6 @ 110 today. Something aint right with this thing. I'm waiting to hear back from MSD.

fin1

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As per the instructions, did you try swapping the harness connectors that connect into the MSD box?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back