ProCharger and a tune

TheRookie65

Reaction score
Well the 3.7 V6 world is getting kind of exciting LOL…. Attached is a dyno run from Glens 2011 V6 with a Procharger and a tune only. As off last week he has added a full exhaust system and is going to do another dyno run soon……

Attachments

• V6Dyno.JPG
    V6Dyno.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 327

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Impressive. 436whp. 353ft-lbs.

Would love to see a Kenne Bell on a 3.7L.

TheRookie65

Reaction score
Impressive. 436whp. 353ft-lbs.

Would love to see a Kenne Bell on a 3.7L.

If there is a demand on the Procharger, I'm sure more companies will throw their hat in the ring...... I was looking on the BBK Web Site and they have Headers, High Flow Cats and X-pipes for the 2011 V6s, I guess Bassani put a complete system on Glens car..... Did noit see those items on their Web Site though......

SlowA$$5.0

Banned
Reaction score
Please don't start a flame war over this. I am asking a serious question.

I don't understand putting a blower on a 3.7? It would have been cheaper to buy a V8 with an intake and tune. Would have been faster too.

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
If buying new...I kind of see what you're saying.

But the V6 will be available dirt cheap soon- they don't hold their value at all. A cheap 3.7 and blower would make for a nice, low mileage, quick machine.

It's also got cheaper insurance premiums and the sleeper factor. And it's just something different.

TheRookie65

Reaction score
Please don't start a flame war over this. I am asking a serious question.

I don't understand putting a blower on a 3.7? It would have been cheaper to buy a V8 with an intake and tune. Would have been faster too.

No flame here and that is a valid question..... The Procharger kit is around 5K..... So can you achieve the same results with a 5.0 CAI and tune? I guess it boils down to v6 base plus the Procharger vs 5.0 base plus a CAI and a tune..... We had our flame war a few nights ago.... LOL

SlowA$$5.0

Banned
Reaction score
But the V6 will be available dirt cheap soon- they don't hold their value at all. A cheap 3.7 and blower would make for a nice, low mileage, quick machine.

I knew my one track mind was overlooking something lol.

No flame here and that is a valid question..... The Procharger kit is around 5K..... So can you achieve the same results with a 5.0 CAI and tune? I guess it boils down to v6 base plus the Procharger vs 5.0 base plus a CAI and a tune..... We had our flame war a few nights ago.... LOL

It would be close, and the warranty is an issue with some folks. But, I wasn't thinking about the used market, I guess because they are all so new. I was just wondering who ATI's target market was.

Last edited:

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Also don't forget about possible cost difference in insurance between the two...

spsteevoe

Reaction score
totally agree with s8v40! when i went from liability in my 98 GT to full coverage on my '11 v6, my monthly insurance bill wend down $70.00.

I can only assume if i went balls out with the 5.0 that number would've increased, rather than decreased.

20113.7l

forum member
Reaction score
man i'm not gonna lie the 5.0's are the shit, but it's also cool to know that theres v6's out there making so much hores's, and could u imagina a sleeper like that? don't get my wrong i would love to have a 5.0 but man the thought of a sleeper like that is pretty awesome too.... o yeah and insurance.... but more importantly awsome sleeper lol

SlowA$$5.0

Banned
Reaction score
Procharger and sleeper don't really go together. Huge fmic and they are freakin loud.

SlowA$$5.0

Banned
Reaction score
.... point made.... Slow-1 Me-0

Lol. It could still work on the highway, but at the strip errbody gonna know what's going on ha. If it comes with a new fan like the 5.0 kit then it is even louder than the h/u! Seriously, the fan is freakin loud.

20113.7l

forum member
Reaction score
Lol. It could still work on the highway, but at the strip errbody gonna know what's going on ha. If it comes with a new fan like the 5.0 kit then it is even louder than the h/u! Seriously, the fan is freakin loud.

i haven't heard it yet... my friends girl has a new 5.0, i'll make sure to hear that fan!

spsteevoe

Reaction score
I doubt i'll be able to make any runs in Vegas before i PCS..... but the amount of aftermarket hype, combined with the potential with this 3.7 mil... i'm already drooling at what my 2013' re-enslitment bonus is gonna bring to the table :p

3.73-11

forum member
Reaction score
I can't wait to c this kit with a full exhaust&a more optimized tune. Should be interesting guessing a full headers hi flo cats x pipe&2.5" dials will bring torque up over the 400 at the wheels mark hp should improve to around 450-470 ish with the motor breathing better. It's a shame you don't have 93 out there in Cali

RedMustang

forum member
Reaction score
If buying new...I kind of see what you're saying.

It's also got cheaper insurance premiums and the sleeper factor. And it's just something different.

true

iRoush

Roush God
Reaction score
Def looking at this kit closely. The lady has a 3.7 and just the cai and tune We're running 13.7 in the 1/4 with 2.73's and 20's on street tires. And she's an auto. I'd love to see the PC on that baby!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back