ProCharger and a tune

cam101

forum member
Reaction score
Nice numbers. Before I got the Roush. I had a 2006 V6 with a Procharger. Yes its loud but you have got to love the whistle.

iRoush

Roush God
Reaction score
Hey Iroush what tune&cai combo you running?

C&L, bama 93 tunes (race on the track, street on the roads) and then MRT exhaust. Car sounds amazing when it's at WOT. Almost scares me. I think it's because I see it revving to 7k+ and I'm afraid it'll blow up. Not use to that high rev. lol. Also I think it's because of the 2.73's. They make each gear so long... 3.55 or 3.73 coming soon...

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
I would say rather than competing with the 5.0, it's more aimed as a DIRECT competitor to the 3v 4.6.

Stock for stock and bolt on for bolt on, in the quarter, the 4.6 3v is significantly faster then the 3.7. However, with this new blower added into the equation, the lines get a bit blurry. A supercharged 4.6 is right around 420 whp, and 400 wtq. Now you have the 3.7 with slightly more hp and slightly less torque, but 1 more gear. Add bolt ons on top of the supercharger, and you now have both cars virtually maxed out (i know the 4.6 maxes out around 450 whp, idk enough on the 3.7 to comment on its limits) on virtually even
footing.

Extremely impressive for sure, and this is just my speculation of course.

But the thought of getting a used low mileage v-6 for 16-18k, then a procharger an additional 5k, you have the value of a supercharged gt or bolt on 5.0 for 21-23 thousand, with v-6 gas mileage and insurance.

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
lets also think a little more open minded about the v6 stang:

v6 camaros and stangs used to just be for college chicks, first time drivers, or fur somebody that JUST wanted a mustang.

now we have the 370z, the genisis 3.8, and probobly a few others on the slightly used market that are v6, rwd, sporty, 3k-3500lb weight range, and 20k-35k price.

the day camaro came out with 300hp v6 option I knew what they were really gunning for, and that ford would soon do the same.

how about this, take those supercharged bolt-on 3.7 numbers and compare that to a supercharged 350z with bolt ons.

on a side note, I have no quams with the 3.7 mustang whatsoever. but you have no idea how annoyed I get when a 3.7 guy just ASSUMES he can beat my 06 gt just becouse the salesmen told him so. its like car mods and driver skill are just not a thought process with these people. I know it was off topic but so far I have had 3 3.7 guys shit talk and then when I tell them to put money down(on a real race, not a road and track magazene race) they either A)get confused and revert back to "the salesman/road and track said its faster or B) just get confused and the subject changes.

lol ok got that out of my system

TheRookie65

Reaction score
Bro it's OK!!! We are just here to get the most out of our 3.7s not to claim some sort of supremacy over the 3V guys..... I don't get it, not one 3.7 owner here has ever started a thread about how the 3.7 will spank a 3V but the 3V guys will always seek out a 3.7 thread and start crap....... But you just wanted to vent and I can understand that.....

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
nah its ok. I am talking about people I have met at parkinglot meetup type things.

I mostly surf this forum for its classifieds. and the occasional bits of tech info. so if there was much trash talking on here I probobly wouldn't know.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I'm interested to see what this kit will do! I love that these parts are hitting the market for FORD cars in general. I don't care if its the 3.7. I can appreciate the car and the work done to it no matter what engine is in the car. Hell it could be an ecoboost 4 banger for all I care.

I'm also wondering what these 3.7 with a few bolt ons would do with say a set of 4.10s. Are most people still running them with the stock gears?

Quick comment about the mag article comparing the Genesis, crapmaro, and the mustang. The only real beating factor of the mustang was the gen was slightly quicker (3.55ish-gen compared to a 2.73-mustang). Gears and retest-DONE!

iRoush

Roush God
Reaction score
I know there are a few people running low 13's with 4.10's. My GF's is stock gears with a 13.7. CAI, tune, exhaust and 20s.

3.73-11

forum member
Reaction score
Actually my buddy has a black 2011 3.7 6mt with 4.30 gears coming back from fl loaded down with over 500#s of stuff in the car&his wife&dog still managed to pull over 26mpg thats at 80mph cruising. Averages in the 20-21 range around town.
As for 4.10s there is that guy I think he works for jon lund whos run as quick as 13 flat at 107+on street tires with a auto 4.10 gears intake/exhaust/tune alum driveshaft 3.7. I've gone as fast as 13.7 twice and trapped over 103.5mph several times with stock tuning stock 2.73 gears, mods are jlt cai,pypes m80s mid mounted&running 93 octane gas big 19" wheels w/275 rubber&a rank amateur driver behind the wheel lol

Last edited:

iRoush

Roush God
Reaction score
Yea, I haven't hit 13's in the car. But that was with my fat ass and a passenger. But the GF, like 140lbs if that, got a 13.7. I gotta teach her how to launch it. She has an auto but doesn't build the revs at all at the tree. I think I wanna throw the DRs on and some 3.73's and have some fun.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I only made 2 passes at the track before the turbo(mods were cai, tillman 93 all out tune, o/r x, and catback, and the same heavy ass 20" wheels with 295's) and I only managed a 13.3 at 105ish. I think I could have maybe ran a 13.1 or maybe even 12.9xx with a better hook. So these 3.7's are getting close! I'm excited about the new things coming with these Mustangs. I just have this gut feeling that the gt500 will end up with twin turbos eventually. That will be the day!

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Actually my buddy has a black 2011 3.7 6mt with 4.30 gears coming back from fl loaded down with over 500#s of stuff in the car&his wife&dog still managed to pull over 26mpg thats at 80mph cruising. Averages in the 20-21 range around town.

That is phenomenal for that kind of gear and speed. Has he run the 1/4? What does the car run?

SlowA$$5.0

Banned
Reaction score
Thats insane. Now I can imagine it with a turbo.
Seth_boom.jpg

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
IDK some of the cars with the Powerhouse turbos for the 4.0s did some work. I'd like to see it personally! I want to know what kind of numbers that 3.7 would put down at the track!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back