Procharger Guys...Let me see your oil catch can setups!!!

Shelbgt05

forum member
Reaction score
I recently bought a used procharger kit and am doing some final buys for the stuff I need. The dudes car who I pulled it off of had a bunch of blow by in the pipes. He has a Moroso catch can but idk if he had it hooked up right. So I'm thinking of either buying a Moroso catch can or just say whatever and do breathers. I'm leaning more towards the catch can. If you procharger guys could give me some feedback and possibly some pictures.

Thanks guys !!!!!!!

cbracoupe

forum member
Reaction score
I was running a air/oil separator plumed from the passenger valve cover into the Procharger intake pipe and would get oil in the trac over time! I went with the S&H breather kit and very happy with it. No residue and the filters are dry as a bone so far.

cbracoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Did you put the breathers on both sides ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I did. Really impressive piece for the $$! I was having a decent amount of oil being sucked into the intake trac BEFORE the blower/pulley change. Can only imagine what it would be like at 20lbs! And again, no oil residue at all and the filters have stayed dry.

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
If you have oil in the pipes, I would investigate as to whether it is engine oil or supercharger oil. Procharger has not been impressive so far in this area. 2 brand new kits have been installed recently on S197forum and both buyer have had head units leak. Mine leaks as well, but I have a severe fuck-it mentality and just keep adding oil. My hope is to burn it up and drop it though ATI's front window with a FU note. They won't warranty mine because I bought mine from a friend who didn't know he should have sent it back as soon as he found it was leaking. I'd pay them to rebuild it, if it survives long enough for me to a build a motor first.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Pics of mine won't matter since it's a Coyote, but you want the can to be between the inlet tube of the ProCharger and the PCV valve. It's likely that a quality catch can would remedy the blowby problem.

cbracoupe

forum member
Reaction score
If you have oil in the pipes, I would investigate as to whether it is engine oil or supercharger oil. Procharger has not been impressive so far in this area. 2 brand new kits have been installed recently on S197forum and both buyer have had head units leak. Mine leaks as well, but I have a severe fuck-it mentality and just keep adding oil. My hope is to burn it up and drop it though ATI's front window with a FU note. They won't warranty mine because I bought mine from a friend who didn't know he should have sent it back as soon as he found it was leaking. I'd pay them to rebuild it, if it survives long enough for me to a build a motor first.

I was getting engine oil over time. I was not using the best separator though... I already had my fill with the head unit leaking!!!

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
FWIW installing a breather on the DS valve cover will do absolutely nothing. There's a check valve that prohibits flow. If you want to run a breather on the DS that actually breaths you need to pull the valve cover and remove the check valve PCV components.

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
FWIW installing a breather on the DS valve cover will do absolutely nothing. There's a check valve that prohibits flow. If you want to run a breather on the DS that actually breaths you need to pull the valve cover and remove the check valve PCV components.

The check valve only closes one way. It's supposed to flow out of the valve cover and not in. It still relieves crank case pressure.

I still feel breathers are not optimal for a street/strip car or daily driver. The PCV system is meant to not only relieve crank case pressure but also to extract gases from the crank case. Breathers will balance the pressure in the crank case but without a vacuum source constantly pulling those gases out, you're only getting half the job done with a breather setup. While it's probably not a huge deal if the gases aren't removed, it still bugs me personally only getting half the job done.

luckychance

forum member
Reaction score
try a saiko michi setup..you can even customize it, ive tried numerous and its the only one that ive had work for me

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back