Project Kama Kaase (Ka-zee)

rodfarva

forum member
Reaction score
There is always gonna be a lot more airflow at speed going down the track, which is nearly impossible to simulate on the dyno. It sounds like you're on the right track.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just to complete this thread in case anyone uses it for reference.

Best pass with the stock P51 heads was a 9.417 @ 142.96 mph

Now, with that, I took off the P51 heads during the summer and had 2.300 titanium intake valves installed, along with intake/exhaust porting. I already had titanium retainers. Intakes flow picked up 30 cfm and exhaust picked up 40 cfm. This made a big difference, as apparently the 572cid was just too big of a motor for the stock heads.

So, with that, the car picked up quite a bit, as my best et dropped to 9.168 @ 149.65 mph!

So pictures of the head work, and a video of my best ALL MOTOR passes to date:

HeadPortedEvans5.jpg

HeadPortedEvans2.jpg

HeadPortedevans1.jpg

P51headsported1.jpg

And here is my fastest ALL MOTOR passes to date:

FamosoTimeslips11042012.jpg

Last edited:

GI Joe

Reaction score
pretty damned impressive journey from the old days of the lil whipple that could

blk12wls

Reaction score
I like the N/A motor deal. This is one super clean build. Car is a working art form. You have a lot to be proud of here. I'm considering an LS or Kaase P-38 427 for my 2012. Something streetable with a Tremec T56 XL and the stock 8.8 , Run the body off the ECM and the engine on a carb, like Jon did. My good friend runs a Maverick with your engine-trans combo. It's light. Runs 8.60 160+@ Rt66 Raceway. Thanks for sharing.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back