Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I will definitely check that out if this doesn't do what I want it to.

In the meantime, for thread completeness---here is the first "real" 1/4 mile pass for this car.

and here is the timeslip:

TimeslipFamoso8052011.jpg

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
your car 265 right....lol.....kidding!

congrats.....on your way!

Thats one of the reasons I like watching the video with the rear facing camera---you can truly see the difference between a 15 sec car and a 9 sec car---by the time I cross the finish line you can't even see the other car, but according to the time slip that other car was almost to the 1/8th.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am not f'ing around anymore. I ordered some new BMR relocation brackets--going to get them welded on, and I got these:

T105W.jpg

29.5X10.5WX15. Cars with ALOT more power then me hook on less tire then this, so this combined with the new brackets should fix my 60' times. These are about 1 inch taller also, which I will need once the bottle comes out. The Goodyears I had were about 2 1/2 years old and about done anyway.

I tested fitted these (which is why the rim screws are not in yet) and I can honestly say I don't think a bigger tire could fit height wise or width wise. I have less then 1/2 inch to the LCA on the inside, about a 1/4 inch to the fenderwell on the inside, to the outside a little more.

Last edited:

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, I am not f'ing around anymore. I ordered some new BMR relocation brackets--going to get them welded on, and I got these:

T105W.jpg

29.5X10.5WX15. Cars with ALOT more power then me hook on less tire then this, so this combined with the new brackets should fix my 60' times. These are about 1 inch taller also, which I will need once the bottle comes out. The Goodyears I had were about 2 1/2 years old and about done anyway.

I tested fitted these (which is why the rim screws are not in yet) and I can honestly say I don't think a bigger tire could fit height wise or width wise. I have less then 1/2 inch to the LCA on the inside, about a 1/4 inch to the fenderwell on the inside, to the outside a little more.

Is there enough room for tire growth?

rodfarva

forum member
Reaction score
I put the stiff sidewalled (not the wide variant) MT 29.5 x 10.5 slicks on my car that still has stock length axles and 15x10 Bogarts with typical backspacing. As far as width is concerned, they fit fine. Overall diameter measures 29.9" and becomes the issue. I had to cut out a lot of material from within the wheelwells to make room for them.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think I will be fine. I measured mine right at 29.5, but I only have 12 psi in them. I would imagine if I aired them up to 20 or something they could be 29.9.

I don't see any possible contact points in the fenderwell in my case, but remember my shocks were relocated to the inside and I cut off the metal section in the fenderwell where the top of the shock used to be mounted. If those were still there they would not clear these tires with the amount of backspacing I am running. I am running 15X10s with 8 inches of backspacing. But remember this is the W part#, so the tread width is 1 inch wider. The tire is also listed as 29.6 in the M/T catalog, don't ask me why its shorter then the standard 29.5X10.5.

Last edited:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Got the M/T 10.5W's on, they are a big tire. Should have absolutely no problem hooking at the track now! 9.30s here I come! I also got my official NHRA number. Ordered some custom decals in silver and black (instead of the plan white) to match the rest of the car. Here are some pictures from today:

Car08192011.jpg

Car08192011J.jpg

Car08192011b.jpg

Car08192011I.jpg

Car08192011G.jpg

Car08192011F.jpg

Car08192011e.jpg

Car08192011d.jpg

Robertt305

forum member
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but anyone rubbing issues with these tires?

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
With my wheels and shock relocation, everything cleared EXCEPT for a small portion on the inside fenderwell, rear, on the passenger side. I am also using 10 inch wheels with 8 inches of backspacing, so your situation may be different.

In inside fenderwell, rear, on the drivers side is not a problem as in it longer because of the filler neck for the gas tank. Its the passenger side you need to look at closely.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back