Project Large Caliber - Cam's NEW 2009 Bullitt Build Thread

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
The urethane is done very thick from the factory and inset a little from the edges. Towards the back portion of the roof there is not enough give in an effort to etch it out and it just cracked and splintered all across. They are just not possible to remove without breaking. I had to call 3 glass places and only only 1 was up for the challenge.

I knew the risk since there is no guarantee on a safe removal either. I'm not incredibly upset though since I save the money I was going to spend on the actual transplant procedure.

What made you decide to try to move the glass from one to the other instead of just cutting the roof off yours and replacing with the other one? Or why not cut the steel away holding the glass in?

I'm sure you already thought of those options and have the answers, I'm just curious what conclusions you came to. This is a retrofit I would loved to have seen in my future.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I did not want to cut the structure of the car. That compromises way too much IMO. I needed to remove the glass to see how the bow of the roof was constructed properly because Ford has a completely different part number for glass roof cars, and I needed to put a glass roof, roof next to a car with a roof skin removed to see how they differ.

I'm incredibly anal about that stuff and how it's attached on the inside is the same way I view the car on the outside

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Small update: Front GT/CS bumper finally arrived. Getting it all painted now.

After that all I have left is lowering the car a little more (probably BMR springs), new brakes and then a clutch.

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
Dammmmn Cam! Back at it again with all the freaking vehicles.:lmaf: Seriously though I like the Excursion, that's bad ass. Sucks about the roof man, but oh well. I'm excited to see this thing lol.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Rear bumper is on. Should have hardware for front tomorrow.

335f88e78c89d99d012e63095a517511.jpg

e79422f72a0969db357beb72096a635b.jpg

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Ride is fine, been riding on the same setup for nearly 3 years. Panhard isn't adjusted 100%, but the offset is really aggressive.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Picked up the car today and drove it home. Runs great, but I still have a lot of odds and ends to complete. I ordered new Brembo calipers and they should arrive soon. I just need to order pads and rotors now.

dd030b3f44fa8eb9c5e4102b3d975934.jpg

I think I'm going to install resonators too since the exhaust is pretty damn loud anything above 2500rpm.

Last edited:

eddieval5

forum member
Reaction score
Picked up the car today and drove it home. Runs great, but I still have a lot of odds and ends to complete. I ordered new Brembo calipers and they should arrive soon. I just need to order pads and rotors soon.

I think I'm going to install resonators too since the exhaust is pretty damn loud anything above 2500rpm.

Whats wrong with old calipers?

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
So about these R888's how bad are they in the rain?

A butt puckering experience. I drove back from the beach last year at night during a huge storm and I never been more on edge for the 3 hour trip. You basically hydroplane. I'm considering moving to a Michelin PSS for the ride comfort alone.

Whats wrong with old calipers?

Sold my 14" Brembos to upgrade to 15" ones. Just aesthetics to me.

Great, just great. Tell us how loud it is; BUT don't post a vid.

take a shitty radio, turn it up extremely loud and that pretty much simulates what's going on right now. Haha.

slackinoff

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My Michelin PSS got tested this past Friday driving on the interstate for 2h in some of the hardest rainfall I have ever experienced. They are bad ass. I was pretty much the only one left on the road afterwords. Every other car lay in ruins on the side of the road.

R.M.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back