Putting ‘11 brakes on my ‘10

vxr500

forum member
Reaction score
I bought a set of used 2011 front calipers for my 2010 so I can run the bigger non brembo 13” rotors. If I’m ordering a set of front and rear rotors/pads, can I just order a 2011 set? Meaning, are the rear rotors/pads the same as the ones on my 2010?

teeje

Reaction score
Brakes were the same on non brembo / big brake cars. 05-14 rears are the same. Even the big brake package. The caliper was the same, and pads, however the mounting bracket would allow accommodation for a larger rotor being that it move the caliper outward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vxr500

forum member
Reaction score
Brakes were the same on non brembo / big brake cars. 05-14 rears are the same. Even the big brake package. The caliper was the same, and pads, however the mounting bracket would allow accommodation for a larger rotor being that it move the caliper outward.

Right. You mean for the front, the bracket is different, but the rear caliper/bracket/rotors were unchanged. Correct?

teeje

Reaction score
Rear was unchanged. For brembo / big brake cars the fronts are brembos which obviously don't have a bracket since the caliper itself mounts to the hub. The rear mounts to a caliper bracket. That caliper bracket mounts to another mounting bracket that's bolted onto the axle.there are two mounting brackets that bolt onto the axle. Stock, and the big brake bracket. They look the same but the big brake bracket is a tad longer to push the caliper outward to fit a bigger rotor

bl817

Reaction score
front calipers themselves are also the same for all 05-14 GT cars (2 piston). its only the caliper bracket that changed in order to accommodate the larger rotors. IIRC, there were 2 different size GT rotors, 11/12, then slightly larger for 13/14, not sure tho. you could have saved some money and just ordered the caliper brackets and rotors for the later year cars from rockauto and used your calipers off your 10. good luck

vxr500

forum member
Reaction score
front calipers themselves are also the same for all 05-14 GT cars (2 piston). its only the caliper bracket that changed in order to accommodate the larger rotors. IIRC, there were 2 different size GT rotors, 11/12, then slightly larger for 13/14, not sure tho. you could have saved some money and just ordered the caliper brackets and rotors for the later year cars from rockauto and used your calipers off your 10. good luck

I got the calipers/brackets together used for 50 bucks off a 2011 with 56k miles. I’ll save mine as a backup.

Thanks guys. So I’ll just go ahead and order a 2011 rotor/pads kit.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back