Question about upcoming turbo install

Jusmiwill

forum member
Reaction score
hay guys after a few months of collecting parts and patiently waiting for the snow to leave NY alone i decided to gather the rest of the info im looking for to get the car up and running as well as keep it running for years to come. i brought a second hand on3 kit from Specialty coating (fallen authority) the kit is the basic parts with a turbo upgrade (Precision 6262 BILLET) the motor will remain stock for about 2 years then will be built for power. have contacted s&h about fuel upgrades so that will be the next purchase. so onto the questions
stats:
2007 GT
22,000 miles
manual trans
street car only

1. the turbo has a pretty high HP range but my goals are 450 -500 should i sell it and buy something that is closer to my goals

2. what gauges and components are necessary and BENEFICIAL for a safe set up

3. what upgrades should i get for the kit ie blow off valve, waste gate, connectors, wiring etc

4. is 500 hp to dangerous to shoot for on a stock 4.6

5. want to upgrade clutch and flywheel is a exedy stage 3 a good way to go

6. what tuner is everyone using and recommending

7. ANY ONE TURBO IN THE NYC AREA THAT WILL TAKE ME FOR A RIDE I'LL PAY FOR GAS JUST WANNA GET A FEEL OF A TURBO STANG

i'm doing the install myself so i wanna make sure i have everything i need before i tear it apart, i have searched and found great information thanks to the forum this is just more tailored to the setup i'm running and my goals for the car
thanks in advanced

LAllison20

forum member
Reaction score
Keep that Turbo. You can run 8lbs of boost and reach your power goals.

You want Fuel Pressure and Oil Pressure gauges and Wideband and boost gauges are helpful

Id keep it closer to 450 than 500 but thats just me. My tuner will tell you that its RPM that will kill your motor, I hope your not prone to missing shifts! Nothing is guaranteed when you boost that motor. It could last, it could pop on the first pull.

Are you running breathers?

Did the kit not come with a BOV and Wastegate?

Jusmiwill

forum member
Reaction score
Keep that Turbo. You can run 8lbs of boost and reach your power goals.

You want Fuel Pressure and Oil Pressure gauges and Wideband and boost gauges are helpful

Id keep it closer to 450 than 500 but thats just me. My tuner will tell you that its RPM that will kill your motor, I hope your not prone to missing shifts! Nothing is guaranteed when you boost that motor. It could last, it could pop on the first pull.

Are you running breathers?

Did the kit not come with a BOV and Wastegate?

Breathers??

The kit comes with the BOV and wastegate but I've read that the on3 components aren't the best so I figured to be on the safe side I'd upgrade them what do you think

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
You wouldnt have to upgrade the bov or wg on the kit, i have two years on mine. That turbo is actually about the smallest that you want to go with a single turbo system, i was running 6765 on 8lbs last year making about 485hp. Put it on and enjoy it.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm in South Jersey (near Cherry Hill) if your ever in the area, I should be making my way to Atco Raceway soon. I have a on3 turbo thats at 8psi and makes 470rwhp. I have a a/f wideband gauge ( I think most people would agree its the most important gauge to have to watch what your A/F), a boost gauge to make sure my boost never gets to high and a coolant gauge.

I also have breathers for the crank pressure. My stang is a 06 GT, so I did have to get a 07 coolant cross over because my kit (which I wasn't aware of) was for the 07+, but you should be good there.

I have not had the kit on for long, so I really can't speak for anything long term.

Jusmiwill

forum member
Reaction score
You wouldnt have to upgrade the bov or wg on the kit, i have two years on mine. That turbo is actually about the smallest that you want to go with a single turbo system, i was running 6765 on 8lbs last year making about 485hp. Put it on and enjoy it.

Ok great I can use the money for other things I know some guys were running tial my main concern was something getting stuck open but since guys are have good success with it I'll stick to them

What about wiring is this something that would improve the kit I really want to improve everything short of building engine and tranny

Jusmiwill

forum member
Reaction score
So far what I'll be picking up next is

S&h fuel kit (pump,rails,injectors)
Hpx maf
Boost,Fuel pressure,Oil pressure and Wide band gauges.

What tuner are u fellas using I'm gonna use lito to remote tune me

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Lito prefers SCT for the datalogging functions. Let me know if you have any questions since I just finished mine up!

Jusmiwill

forum member
Reaction score
Great ill add that to the list!

Excuse my ignorance but what does a WOT box do

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
No don't worry. It does 3 things with the basic set up. It cuts spark at the limiter you set instead of fuel, you can set a 2 step/launch control, and also it has a no lift shift feature. That allows you to shift without lifting off the gas at all and keeps the car in boost between shifts.

Jusmiwill

forum member
Reaction score
No don't worry. It does 3 things with the basic set up. It cuts spark at the limiter you set instead of fuel, you can set a 2 step/launch control, and also it has a no lift shift feature. That allows you to shift without lifting off the gas at all and keeps the car in boost between shifts.

Adding to the list

Jusmiwill

forum member
Reaction score

Hay web where did u get your WOT box

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back