Swapping from nitrous to turbo

Brad05GT

Reaction score
Waiting for the on3 single 70mm turbo kit right now does anyone know a good tuner local in az cars a automatic plan to have the trans built eventually so not to worried about that also any suggestions on what supporting mods I should do besides injectors not trying to go to crazy just 8-10psi

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
I’d say a mass air meter & fuel pump for sure but dunno limits of stock components. Other suggestions I got on for my kit where fuel, boost, oil pressure gauges, boost controller

Dallas281

Reaction score
If you prepped for your nos setup properly then you shouldn't need anything. Really to push 400-450whp all you need is your power adder, larger injectors and fuel pump along with a tune. Speak to your tuner, they may suggest a new maf but you should be okay with your stock one if your pushing low psi. Gotta stay under like 450wtq for the stock rods

Brad05GT

Reaction score
My original plan was boost so I had the shop do a new timing kit oil pump rollers I will for sure get gauges for it. As far as injectors #47 should be good for low boost right? The nitrous was a wet shot

AHaze

Reaction score
47# injectors will be fine. You'll put a stock rod through the block before you max those out.

MrBhp

Reaction score
Go ahead and get a maf. I've heard countless people say the stock maf will work with low boost. Your on3 kit will come with 7psi spring. I've installed multiple on3 kits. They all needed larger maf. Your tuner will thank you for it. Lito, on this site, is the man for tuning 3v's. You will get much more bang for buck with a real world tune. Not so much with a dyno tune. I've suggested 60 lb injectors to all my guys because the urge to go with ethanol is strong. An e-boost controller is a very nice toy/tool to have, if you have the budget.

Brad05GT

Reaction score
Shoot I didn’t add the maf kit when I ordered the kit I reached out to Lito talking to him now on getting it tuned no one by me touch’s these cars for some reason.also I’m in northern az there’s no stations that have E up here either most we have is 91 octane lol boost controller probably would be a great idea tho for sure

darien87

Reaction score
Geez. Where the hell did punctuation go? Seems everything these days is written like a text. Makes posts hard to read.

Guess I'm just old.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back